IGNORED

I thought we were excellent.

Lez

1 hour ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Our striker?

The one who lives in Knowle?

He ain’t good enough. Along with the others I’ve mentioned somewhere else. Consistently inconsistent.

I’d ship him out tomorrow. Along with the others.

A team built around Baker, De Silva, Kelly and Webster.

Keep Brownhill, Semenyo, Weimann, Smith and Palmer. Keep Nikki and Max.

Before anyone asks I’ve no idea who we’d replace the rest with. That’s for Lee and his team to sort.

Thing is I don’t think we’ll be that brave. Let’s keep going again with Paterson/Eliason/O’Dowda/Famara/Taylor/Hunt/Pisano et al.

After all sometimes, just sometimes, they’re excellent........

What no Kalas?

You mention defensively Kelly, Da Silva, Webster and Baker.

18 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

What no Kalas?

You mention defensively Kelly, Da Silva, Webster and Baker.

He gone ?

I’d love to include him but I fear yesterday was the last time we see I’m in BS3.

Whilst we can however look forward to the likes of those who I’ve mentioned aren’t up to it being with us next year.

And that I’m afraid is why I believe SL doesn’t want it. Or at least as much as I do.

He’d rather we play around the fringes. He gets the Gate packed a few times a season and generates his cash with a balanced minimal outlay on BCFC....

He’s a shrewd ******.

14 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

He gone ?

I’d love to include him but I fear yesterday was the last time we see I’m in BS3.

Whilst we can however look forward to the likes of those who I’ve mentioned aren’t up to it being with us next year.

And that I’m afraid is why I believe SL doesn’t want it. Or at least as much as I do.

He’d rather we play around the fringes. He gets the Gate packed a few times a season and generates his cash with a balanced minimal outlay on BCFC....

He’s a shrewd ******.

I really hope we will push the boat out, to try to keep Kalas. As we all do- I note in the past he has had successive loans at clubs. Fulham and Middlesbrough.

Unlikely, but maybe we could persuade Chelsea to loan him us again, maybe with an option/obligation to buy for £x, as well as a loan fee and us covering his wages next season that could be a good workaround for us and Chelsea.

Then it'd be down to Kalas and his agent of course.

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I really hope we will push the boat out, to try to keep Kalas. As we all do- I note in the past he has had successive loans at clubs. Fulham and Middlesbrough.

Unlikely, but maybe we could persuade Chelsea to loan him us again, maybe with an option/obligation to buy for £x, as well as a loan fee and us covering his wages next season that could be a good workaround for us and Chelsea.

Then it'd be down to Kalas and his agent of course.

Rangers is my bet. He seemed miffed earlier in the season when we were slipping and I commented then that he was a lone figure at the end of the game.

His giving his shirt away yesterday was also a sign - I reckon - that he’s off.

Shame. Him and Webster with Baker as back up would’ve been ideal. Da Silva and a decent right back, and Kelly in there too as an option would have been superb....

29 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Rangers is my bet. He seemed miffed earlier in the season when we were slipping and I commented then that he was a lone figure at the end of the game.

His giving his shirt away yesterday was also a sign - I reckon - that he’s off.

Shame. Him and Webster with Baker as back up would’ve been ideal. Da Silva and a decent right back, and Kelly in there too as an option would have been superb....

Rangers- interesting. Can they splash big FFP wise? Celtic would be a good financial fit.

If he gave his shirt away, that's not an ideal sign...

Think balancing the financial and the ambition, selling Baker and buying Kalas would've had a touch of realism. Webster-Kalas with Wright and Kelly as backup perhaps. Plus Vyner to factor in- alongside different players it may take him to another level.

Hunt I wouldn't entirely write off- as a WB I think he is alright and he isn't a bad age either. As a RB though, not so sure.

As it stands of current personnel I'd rather Pisano at RB and Hunt at WB. Moving forward, Pisano will go, Hunt still a decent WB but a better, younger RB wouldn't go amiss.

19 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I was actually surprised by how crap Derby were. Even at 1 nil down I was convinced we would go on and win the game. The red card changed everything.

Totally agree. I thought we played much better football than DC but our lack of finishing let us down and to me is our only obstacle left to improve on.

We were excellent, not withstanding officials we should NOT be on the verge of the playoffs we should have been nailed on!

Pato (who I never have time for) showed he could play a huge amount better than he has done since the illness, despite getting picked when not performing.

What is cause of the problem? we are still not performing our best as a team, motivation too often lacking in some, lack of consistency and or ambition, the streaky nature of this season again, or Is it in the back room, the tacticians  or the training pitch?

Or is it just bristol with a little b?

Archived