IGNORED

Bollocks .. don't say it.. !!

WhistleHappy

The last two comments read out on Radio Bristol … both referred to next Tuesday with that God awful phrase … We Go Again.

FFS … please don't say it again!., its gotta be one of the worst annoying soddin' sayings to have entered into frequent 'football speak'  in recent years... Arghhhh! 

2 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

The last two comments read out on Radio Bristol … both referred to next Tuesday with that God awful phrase … We Go Again.

FFS … please don't say it again!., its gotta be one of the worst annoying soddin' sayings to have entered into frequent 'football speak'  in recent years... Arghhhh! 

I blame Liverpool fans. Sure they started it.

Thanks for your input Northern Red, but I must say to have only attracted one response for this thread so far is hugely disappointing. Todays result was equally disappointing too.

All in all it has been a disappointing day...

TBH I'm feeling the need of greater feedback just as we all hope to see a better result next Tuesday,, I've decided to bump this thread and like the lads … 'we go again'. ;) 

Psst, sorry. ?

I don’t like it but I am a very miserable man that hates most new idioms and buzzwords.

Edit:

I’m pretty sure it started with Steven Gerrard when Liverpool were going for the title a few seasons ago. As Liverpool failed that season, it’s odd that the phrase has caught on.

On 27/04/2019 at 21:59, WhistleHappy said:

Thanks for your input Northern Red, but I must say to have only attracted one response for this thread so far is hugely disappointing. Todays result was equally disappointing too.

All in all it has been a disappointing day...

TBH I'm feeling the need of greater feedback just as we all hope to see a better result next Tuesday,, I've decided to bump this thread and like the lads … 'we go again'. ;) 

Psst, sorry. ?

I have to agree. You haven't had as much feedback as I thought you would 

Dust yourself down, prepare another post....and go again.

On 27/04/2019 at 17:42, WhistleHappy said:

It's definitely up there with 'Job for Cotts' which has been flogged to death and is also God awful. It's not funny but you just know some are panicking to be the first to write it when a manager is sacked.

I think the other option is 'we throw in the towel'. As a supporter I know I expect City to 'go again' as long as there is a Mathematical chance. I remember John Ward taking over and needing 5 wins out of six to make the play offs. Very few people gave an inconsistent City team a prayer. City then won 5 out of 5. I hope we keep fighting however slim the chance.

Archived