IGNORED

Dirty leeds / Patrick Bamford (Merged)

Red Army 75

On 02/05/2019 at 19:07, Mr Popodopolous said:

D5lBvL4WsAAN-wC.jpg:large

Make your own mind up. Sure the contact looks very light but you raise your hands etc.

You’ve probably been told this already - but I just don’t get how your comment applies to the photo that you’ve posted when considering the players you were discussing...

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You’ve probably been told this already - but I just don’t get how your comment applies to the photo that you’ve posted when considering the players you were discussing...

Well tbh that's been explained and discussed already- when you look for a still pic of Hourihane and find something you kind of hope it'll be in the right ballpark- however I found video footage of him on Klich- if you scroll up it's not hard! 

Anyway Grealish had his hand raised at minimum in that pic, did he not! 

Watch the video perhaps and come up with a constructive point or counterpoint?

13 hours ago, Gilly said:

I’ve just found this thread and there are some very interesting comments. I’m a Leeds fan so you can treat me with disdain and assume bias (there probably is some, were all biased in some way when you get right down to it). 

To look at things chronologically: 

Villa put the ball out when a Leeds player was down injured - once their attack broke down. It wasn’t done immediately it was done when they realised they were going nowhere anyway. Important to note that Leeds kept playing until the ball was actually played out. Also, Leeds didn’t ask for the ball to leave the field of play. 

Fast forward a little... Villa striker fouls Leeds defender, potentially hurting himself in the process. Ref makes no decision at all. Ball breaks to Leeds full back and then Leeds forward player, still inside their own half. 20 year old Leeds player being begged to put the ball out of play. Young player hesitates and looks for some direction from the ref, who is jogging towards him and ignoring the player down injured. Leeds player plays the ball forwards. I do not think Roberts intended to deceive here. He didn’t know what was right to do. 

Klich took the ball on from an onside position, though looked a good 3 yards offside from where the sky cameras are mounted, rounded a defender and curled the ball into the bottom corner. Upon doing so, is physically assaulted multiple times. Hourihane had 3 or 4 pops at him, trying to throttle him, walking away, coming back and punching him in a very sly, snide way, being covered by his own cheating and deceitful captain. 

During the resulting melee Bamford RKOs Hourihane, who started all the fighting, and then committed one of the worst acts he’ll ever do on a football pitch. I can’t abide cheating of that nature; that’s the reason I have zero respect for Grealish. He’s a very talented player; regardless of his shit hair and stupid socks and shinnies, but he ruins himself with the constant cheating, playacting and moaning like he’s not allowed to be touched and it should be a non-contact sport. Bamford gets Al Ghazi sent off via deception and this leaves an horrendous taste in the mouth. The forthcoming ban is fully deserved. 

Bielsa, being set upon by those pillars of moral standing Dean Smith and John Terry, agrees with them that the goal was unfair and issues a command to his team to allow the opposition to score. A clean sheet is hard fought and hard won in the championship. Jansson doesn’t like it, I don’t like it either, Jansson lets himself down by not respecting the manager’s decision. A decision that I am convinced Bielsa would make even if automatic promotion still hung in the balance. He wouldn’t have let that cloud his decision. Somehow Terry and Smith are still angry with Bielsa, though it is now difficult to see why and further is difficult to understand what more they would have liked him to do at that time. Smith hasn’t allowed teams to walk the ball in when he’s benefited from multiple clear dives from Ollie Watkins this season, after all. Anyway, back to this game: 

Bamford ban being handed down, having been a complete diving shit *****, 100% right

El Ghazi ban, having legit done nothing at all wrong, being overturned is 100% right

Hourihane starting off all of the aggression, taking sly digs, being a nobhead, gets off Scott-free? All kinds of wrong. 

Atwell and team, however, the REAL cause of all the issues having had zero control of the game and having bowed to every single one of the Villa begs and dives, are free to go and screw up game after game after game. 

In all, I think Villa came out of it much worse than Leeds did, but it’s Leeds that have had the only punishments handed down. As has been mentioned here this allows for more of the ‘us against the world’ thinking that, actually, often does us no favours at all. 

For anyone still reading, get yourself a beer, you deserve it. 

If you're looking for a sense of justice I kind of agree and disagree with you. Hourihane got away with the most dubious of penalties against us which was so bad it caused a lot of consternation and the match amongst our players with the idiot ref who gave it.

But if you go back to your win at Ashton Gate and look at the way your players conducted themselves that day it nothing short of disgraceful  gamesmanship or cheating. That day every chance your players got you played the referee and disrupted the game.

So in your Villa match you kind of got what you deserved that sense of injustice that you quite happily forget about when you dole it out to other sides.

With Hourihane I quite agree with you and I suspect he's done this on other occasions to gain an unfair advantage.

It also begs the question about having stronger referees to handle high profile games.

You may question my bias, but after seeing my team play Norwich & Sheffield United both home and away I saw four very good matches played in the right spirit whether we won, drew or lost.

That's what sets those teams apart from the likes of leeds and villa

1 hour ago, Swede said:

If you're looking for a sense of justice I kind of agree and disagree with you. Hourihane got away with the most dubious of penalties against us which was so bad it caused a lot of consternation and the match amongst our players with the idiot ref who gave it.

But if you go back to your win at Ashton Gate and look at the way your players conducted themselves that day it nothing short of disgraceful  gamesmanship or cheating. That day every chance your players got you played the referee and disrupted the game.

So in your Villa match you kind of got what you deserved that sense of injustice that you quite happily forget about when you dole it out to other sides.

With Hourihane I quite agree with you and I suspect he's done this on other occasions to gain an unfair advantage.

It also begs the question about having stronger referees to handle high profile games.

You may question my bias, but after seeing my team play Norwich & Sheffield United both home and away I saw four very good matches played in the right spirit whether we won, drew or lost.

That's what sets those teams apart from the likes of leeds and villa

Is that the one at your place or ours? I know that there was a red card earlier in the season but I’m pretty sure that wasn’t much argued about. I thought we’d had two decent games against each other this season and that the high press had just worked well against you, mostly because you were actually willing to play football against us. We really struggle against sides that implement a low block defensive setup. 

Perhaps thats just because on those days things just went for us. Unlike Brentford and Villa. It’s easy to miss that sort of thing when it swings your way and I accept it’s likely that I missed it here. 

That said, it’s likely that Leeds this season will be remembered for Spygate and for the walked in goal, and vilified for both having broken no rules. Not much we can do about that though, even if it means that the antics of teams like Brentford and Villa are forgotten. 

Archived