IGNORED

the next crop of young'uns

Redcliffe1990

2 hours ago, chinapig said:

If the claim in the Post that we are looking to sign 7 players in the summer is accurate it's hard to see there being much of a pathway.

If Kalas goes Kelly may get a regular centre half spot, or left back if Dasilva doesn't sign. Semenyo will get games, though mainly as a sub. Max will likely be second choice keeper.

Unless a few senior fringe players go places on the bench will be limited even. In time I can see any lack of opportunities for Academy players being a source of tension between LJ and SL.

It is going to be another interesting summer.

Think we know the answer to that.

Where the claim was made gives it away.

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Isn`t the young keeper Sesay supposed to be a bit special? I`ve never seen him play so don`t know.

He's already a had a full international appearence (albeit for the mighty Sierra Leone) and is only 20 now.

Believe his contract is going to be up this season (unless I missed an extension) so will be interesting to see if he's offered a new one.

4 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

He's already a had a full international appearence (albeit for the mighty Sierra Leone) and is only 20 now.

Believe his contract is going to be up this season (unless I missed an extension) so will be interesting to see if he's offered a new one.

I assume he has been injured, 2nd half of the season? Hasn't been involved at all recently.

Time for morell to move on now imo, he’s been here for years and I personnaly rate him, but is one of those players that’s gonna have to drop down a division or two to see if he’s gonna make it. Sink or swim time. The way johnson moves his players in and out the squad from one week to the next can’t be helping things, so needs to grow a pair if he believes in his own ability.

Honestly only want to sign 2/3 quality players and offload a couple of fringe players/ones that wont make it.

I like the current team (would sign all the loans if possible) but only a few good signings away from being a top team.

I thought Webster at the start of the season would be a standard player but has been brilliant!! Get a few more signings just as good as him and keeping what we have would mean defo playoffs next year!!

1 hour ago, Lucan said:

That's not profit.  Years of wages, training, coaches etc will have eaten away at that.

Only really big sales mean profit in the real sense

On that basis then Reid and Bryan were real profits. However to achieve those, we need to be playing them consistently, so no one yet, not even Kelly.

1 hour ago, Dr Balls said:

On that basis then Reid and Bryan were real profits. However to achieve those, we need to be playing them consistently, so no one yet, not even Kelly.

Lucan's comment was flawed anyway.

There would have been others in the training sessions and coaches there anyway. They aren't an extra cost brought in specifically for Burns.

So if you count them in the costs of each player then you will be counting them 20-30x more often than their actual cost.

When it comes to wages, Burns as a youth player when we were in League 1 is unlikely to have been on much more than something like £500 p/w.

So his total wages for his time here would have been covered in the transfer fee alone.

Archived