IGNORED

Progress

elhombrecito

23 minutes ago, pillred said:

Surprising that our average attendance in league 1 only increased by 127 despite finishing top.

11 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

We were redeveloping so I don't think we could have squeezed many more in!

It was pretty much sold out each game....with away teams hardly bringing any in some cases.

56 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

Exactly, we were very close to 100% capacity that season with the Eastend knocked down. 

A bit off topic but that got me thinking (from the time it was built actually); how did the East End become the North Stand (via the Shed End of course!) without actually changing the position of the ground?

48 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

A bit off topic but that got me thinking (from the time it was built actually); how did the East End become the North Stand (via the Shed End of course!) without actually changing the position of the ground?

I think this has been asked before. The old Wedlock Stand was always acknowledged as being at the southern end of the ground. The "East" of the East End name was referring to the eastern end of that southern stand.

So the officially named "South Stand" replaced the old Wedlock Stand, of which the "East End" was only part.

16 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

Obviously, I hope that the stars align on Sunday and we sneak into the playoffs and extend our season, but even if not I think it's definitely worth looking at how far we've come in the last few years, both in terms of league positions and off the pitch.

2012/13 - 24th/Championship - Avg Attendance: 13,348

2013/14 - 12th/League 1 - Avg Attendance: 11,929

2014/15 - 1st/League 1 - Avg Attendance: 12,056

2015/16 - 18th/Championship - Avg Attendance: 15,292

2016/17 - 17th/Championship - Avg Attendance: 19,256

2017/18 - 11th/Championship - Avg Attendance: 20,953

2018/19 - 8th*/Championship - Avg Attendance: 21,079

*at least

As you can see, following our last relegation, we've improved our league position and average attendance in every single season. And just look at the difference between this season's average attendance and that in our final season in our last stint in the Championship.

Hopefully, Rotherham and West Brom can do us a favour on Sunday, but even if not let's just appreciate the progress we're making and hope it continues next year.

Damn these sensible, objective, realistic, glass half full posts that paint a poistive picture of the future based on nothing but facts. 

Archived