IGNORED

Will LJ Leave.

bpexile

12 hours ago, billywedlock said:

Limited budget ? 3 teams finished above us with similar or inferior budget. He has just spent it badly (or someone has spent it badly for him) . Check out our wage bill when it comes out. He has a limited budget compared to relegated Prem teams yes, but is right there with the majority of  parachute payment club. LJ issue lies with the quality of recruitment, where too many signings have been poor. and he has changed playing approach each season so has not matched recruitment to needs, when he settles on what he is trying to achieve he may get a squad to match. He cannot afford to have such a low strike rate with signings if he is to meet his ambitions. If he is not being presented the right players then he justifiably needs changes made to the recruitment process (signing Chelsea profit making third choice players hardly seems difficult, might as well fire all our scouts) . If he signs the 3 loan players from Chelsea that he wants, then he at least has a basis to build a side, though that is not enough, as we had those players this season and ended up standing still (3 points more, worse goal difference) vs previous season. So he is going to need some stellar recruitment and finally decide his approach to playing. The vast majority of teams promoted to the Prem do it with a coach who has been at a club between 18 months to 2 years. With the budget LJ has had (wasted), 60 players signed, it is about time the excuses stopped and results arrived if he is the god given messiah to coaching as some believe. He may well be on the radar of other clubs, but there also plenty of others in the game wondering why, with the support he has had, time given to build his squad, he has not delivered more. Big season for LJ coming up .

Firstly I'm frustrated as anyone and feel the last 2 seasons we have missed a big chance to have been closer BUT we must all remember football has changed and like it or not it's a buisness SL business and it's his money that he has invested. The manager was the 1st instalment LJ. Secondly was the redevelopment of the stadium and the infrastructure that goes with a commercial venue. Thirdly was the personal behind the scenes to make this work which has slowly happened and been a success along with are steady championship progression. LJ has worked a wonders on limited funds and tight wage structures within those few years and of course SL is fully aware of what will be needed on the pitch this summer but he won't risk getting the club into financial trouble and why would he. I have already stated wage structure will change this summer as more money has been generated which hopefully will enable us to land that quality of player we need next season. Yes the summer will be huge just like it is for every club for different reasons but I'd rather be us right now rather than a Leeds, Villa, or even Derby facing another year in the championship. Step by step little by little and we will be there with a sustainable platform to move on with.

On 06/05/2019 at 11:29, forestofdean said:

respect and being loyal is 2 way and I'm sure lee appreciates Steve has stuck by him and lets be honest so have us fans.i think a good relationship is being built from top to bottom and steve will back lee in the summer as the time is right for a big push.

Hahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahhaahahhaahahhaahahahahahhahaahahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

14 minutes ago, Allwaysred said:

Firstly I'm frustrated as anyone and feel the last 2 seasons we have missed a big chance to have been closer BUT we must all remember football has changed and like it or not it's a buisness SL business and it's his money that he has invested. The manager was the 1st instalment LJ. Secondly was the redevelopment of the stadium and the infrastructure that goes with a commercial venue. Thirdly was the personal behind the scenes to make this work which has slowly happened and been a success along with are steady championship progression. LJ has worked a wonders on limited funds and tight wage structures within those few years and of course SL is fully aware of what will be needed on the pitch this summer but he won't risk getting the club into financial trouble and why would he. I have already stated wage structure will change this summer as more money has been generated which hopefully will enable us to land that quality of player we need next season. Yes the summer will be huge just like it is for every club for different reasons but I'd rather be us right now rather than a Leeds, Villa, or even Derby facing another year in the championship. Step by step little by little and we will be there with a sustainable platform to move on with.

Clearly the stadium was the first installment and I have no doubt that if Steve Cotterell had played it SL's way there would have been no reason to get shot of him.

We appear to be established now but I don't personally see that as "working wonders" in all honesty (See Chris Wilder for that) I also have  little idea  over how tight or otherwise budgets are, so are you stating as a fact that the "wage structure" will change from a position of inside knowledge ?

He has done ok but he ain't the key to success for our club.

1 hour ago, Loon plage said:

Clearly the stadium was the first installment and I have no doubt that if Steve Cotterell had played it SL's way there would have been no reason to get shot of him.

We appear to be established now but I don't personally see that as "working wonders" in all honesty (See Chris Wilder for that) I also have  little idea  over how tight or otherwise budgets are, so are you stating as a fact that the "wage structure" will change from a position of inside knowledge ?

He has done ok but he ain't the key to success for our club.

That's the next progression yes. We've been successful last few seasons building funds to enable the structure to change. Sheffield United is a good example as someone already mentioned but they built to get there bit by bit and rightly made it. Fulham will be a big lure for LJ of course but that's down to SL to give him the money for the correct tools so let's see what happens this summer.

1 hour ago, Allwaysred said:

That's the next progression yes. We've been successful last few seasons building funds to enable the structure to change. Sheffield United is a good example as someone already mentioned but they built to get there bit by bit and rightly made it. Fulham will be a big lure for LJ of course but that's down to SL to give him the money for the correct tools so let's see what happens this summer.

Apologies but what is all this about Fulham ?

I expect plenty of clubs would be a big lure but what evidence exists to indicate any are genuinely interested in our HC.

LJ has been fully involved in player recruitment since he has been here so frankly I would be very surprised if SL simply handed over yet more millions. He is quite likely instead to ask when the ones for the future already at the club are first team ready like he appeared to do with  Semenyo.

Mr P Eddie H Dave Fevs have all indicated that we should be in better shape next season FFP wise but that doesn't mean the owner will meet the demands of a coach who appears to be playing a media driven game of bluff.

As you say though lets see what the summer brings !

5 hours ago, Loon plage said:

Apologies but what is all this about Fulham ?

I expect plenty of clubs would be a big lure but what evidence exists to indicate any are genuinely interested in our HC.

LJ has been fully involved in player recruitment since he has been here so frankly I would be very surprised if SL simply handed over yet more millions. He is quite likely instead to ask when the ones for the future already at the club are first team ready like he appeared to do with  Semenyo.

Mr P Eddie H Dave Fevs have all indicated that we should be in better shape next season FFP wise but that doesn't mean the owner will meet the demands of a coach who appears to be playing a media driven game of bluff.

As you say though lets see what the summer brings !

Half his family are season ticket holders there and he done his coaching badges with Scott Parker believe me LJ is held in high regards at Fulham.... I don't exspect him to go anywhere infact you will probably see his contract lengthened over the summer if anything as long as he gets the budget needed... the clear out has started and hopefully the other dead wood is removed and we can start to build and bring in some new faces early. 

9 hours ago, Allwaysred said:

Half his family are season ticket holders there and he done his coaching badges with Scott Parker believe me LJ is held in high regards at Fulham.... I don't exspect him to go anywhere infact you will probably see his contract lengthened over the summer if anything as long as he gets the budget needed... the clear out has started and hopefully the other dead wood is removed and we can start to build and bring in some new faces early. 

Sincerely no offence but how do you know he is held in high regard at Fulham, which of his family are ST holders there and what is the relevance of taking coaching badges with the man currently in the position ? Bookies dont seem to be as well informed which is unusual.

Archived