IGNORED

22 shots have hit the woodwork and only TWO penalities

It would be interesting to see an analysis of the penalties awarded in the championship club by club.  My guess is Villa and FLDC would be at the top of list and ourselves and PNE, Reading etc would be towards the bottom.

1 hour ago, Frenchay Red said:

I would guess most penalties are given as a result of mistimed tackles. As we tend to load the box with crosses we've less chance than those teams with good runners with the ball getting into the area.

It’s also the way that officials are never brave enough to give the fouls that occur as a result of crosses.

I have list count of the amount of times Fammy has so clearly been fouled as a cross or corner has come in. 

This is as opposed to players who have ball at feet and just take a tumble because (prepare yourself for the most disgusting phrase in football) ‘there was contact and he had a right to go down’

1 hour ago, 054123 said:

It’s also the way that officials are never brave enough to give the fouls that occur as a result of crosses.

I have list count of the amount of times Fammy has so clearly been fouled as a cross or corner has come in. 

This is as opposed to players who have ball at feet and just take a tumble because (prepare yourself for the most disgusting phrase in football) ‘there was contact and he had a right to go down’

Indeed, the alleged crackdown on holding in the box lasted 5 minutes. Like every other crackdown that has been announced over the years.

6 hours ago, Malago said:

It would be interesting to see an analysis of the penalties awarded in the championship club by club.  My guess is Villa and FLDC would be at the top of list and ourselves and PNE, Reading etc would be towards the bottom.

Forest, Wigan and Blackburn are at the top of the list - they have all had 9 pens awarded to them to this season ... Derby had 4, Villa 8 ...

We only had 2 - the same number as Wednesday, Ipswich and Leeds ....

Here’s some more info ... https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/topErhalteneElfmeter/wettbewerb/GB2

3 hours ago, mozo said:

This woodwork thing annoys me because I've noticed that the opposition have been hitting the woodwork against us nearly all of the past 10 games.

Yep, dunno why people get so hung up on shots hitting the post or bar - they are all shots off target. We are much closer to scoring if we force the opposition keeper into making a save with a shot on target ...

16 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep, dunno why people get so hung up on shots hitting the post or bar - they are all shots off target. We are much closer to scoring if we force the opposition keeper into making a save with a shot on target ...

A shot hitting the post usually has the goalkeeper beaten, and the ball can quite easily go in off the post.

So is a shot that's misplaced by a few centimetres that has the goalkeeper beaten really "much further from scoring" than a header down the goalkeepers throat?

One is out by a matter of centimetres and has beaten the goalkeeper. The other needs to be in a completely different area of the goal.

5 hours ago, chinapig said:

Indeed, the alleged crackdown on holding in the box lasted 5 minutes. Like every other crackdown that has been announced over the years.

Someone should be cracking down on short lived ineffective crackdowns .. An urgent crackdown is needed asap, to put an end to these crackdowns once and for all.  If we don't keep pushing, nothing will happen, give the authorities a hefty shove then maybe we can stamp 'em out!  ;) or summat. 

5 hours ago, mozo said:

This woodwork thing annoys me because I've noticed that the opposition have been hitting the woodwork against us nearly all of the past 10 games.

Tbh I was keeping a bit rolling total for and against recently. I think the key way of looking at it isn't number of times we hit or they hit but effect or likely effect on points total.

We've definitely hit it note than ours has been hit though, I'm sure.

The times they were hit too also quite important- eg Diedhiou v Stoke in October I think was it a few mins before Stoke's winner. Also we hit it in 2nd half chasing the game.

Archived