IGNORED

Target Man....

42nite

Guest city4ever!!

Theres loads of people left its just how much is he considering to pay for this player.In my eyes we dont need a new striker!

Guest city4ever!!

Theres plenty of target men out there its just how much is the chairman prepared to pay in my eyes we dont need a new target man.

Guest willgas83
WILL GAS how do you work that 1 out! You have one big target man and 2 that work off him.... no clue what so ever

If, you play 4-3-3, you won't need a target man because you won't need to hold up the ball for other players to join in the move.

You will already have two strikers to pass too.

The only reason they hold up the ball in a 4-4-2, is because they need to bring the midfield into the game.

And I hope for your sake, you wouldn't play the long ball with three up front.

I cant beleive i'm saying this but i agree with willgas!! ^_^ We dont need to play a target man , if we play a target man we CANNOT play heffernan because he isnt the right type of player to work off a target man , he needs players like roberts and murray around him to give him the chances , he doesnt do any running so he wouldnt be able to work off a target man. Those who have seen him play will know what i'm talking about. The three that started at yeovil are the three i would start with , roberts and murray do all the work down the wings with the help of woodman and who ever plays at right back and heffernan is the perfect kind of striker to finnish off whatever they create.

Fair point but that's only been proven in friendlys.

I just think that in league games we're going to need somebody to hold the ball up.

Even though i'd like to see it, we're not going to be outplaying the opposition every game,so when our backs against the wall a bit, the bigger man up front can ease the pressure.

I understand that a ball down the channels to murray or roberts would also do this but a bit of variation is needed. ^_^

From what was said at the Q&A's in the open day yesterday we will be playing 3 up front and Tins feels the type of player he wants could already be here. He mentioned Lee Miller and praised him but admitted he isn't quite the finished article yet, but could be. (That was my understanding anyway).When asked how he was planning to keep 6 strikers happy he said he was going to play 3 then but 3 on the bench and use them as subs! :D Seriously, he said he was going to use a more attacking style of play. He wants all the forwards to be kept on their toes and looking over their shoulders. ^_^

He said there isn't much about at the moment, they have enquired about players but they are under contract. He said he wasn't going to buy for the sake of it,the player has to be the right one. And the solution maybe from within.

I cant beleive i'm saying this but i agree with willgas!! ^_^  We dont need to play a target man , if we play a target man we CANNOT play heffernan because he isnt the right type of player to work off a target man , he needs players like roberts and murray around him to give him the chances , he doesnt do any running so he wouldnt be able to work off a target man. Those who have seen him play will know what i'm talking about. The three that started at yeovil are the three i would start with , roberts and murray do all the work down the wings with the help of woodman and who ever plays at right back and heffernan is the perfect kind of striker to finnish off whatever they create.

It's all about options.

What you are saying maybe true but it is only one style of play. Who knows if heffernan can't adapt his play to suit another style? Do you? He is fulfilling a role that he is being asked to do. That doesn't mean that he can't play other roles.

Archived