IGNORED

Da Silva - Hold Up?

WAHGS.

2 hours ago, hodge said:

Why not?

I think that is the deal struck with Chelsea - fee agreed if option activated by City (happened|) and exclusivity until effectively the end of the season which I guess was figured to be after the playoff final.

Somebody will no doubt have chapter and verse.

On 21/05/2019 at 21:15, hodge said:

He's seen Lloyd go to Bournemouth, why wouldn't he think he could step up as well? Very few players turn down a prem club if they come calling 

The salary increase is a big incentive for a lot of players but it’s not always the best long term option for young players. He could end up at a Premier League club, hardly get a game, and his career goes backwards. Or he could stay at City, play regularly and develop, and play in the Premier League in a  year or two. LJ and the rest of the staff at City would say the latter is the best option, but his agent would say the former is the best. 

2 hours ago, Badger08 said:

Re-read what I was responding to. The use of the "?" Wasn't actually clever at all was it. 

I was trying to make a joke Badger, sorry, won’t do it again. 

However, I maintain that my use of a question mark made it clear I was speculating, especially since I am the least ITK person on the forum (you would be amazed how little City gossip you get in the Scottish Borders).

15 hours ago, pongo88 said:

The salary increase is a big incentive for a lot of players but it’s not always the best long term option for young players. He could end up at a Premier League club, hardly get a game, and his career goes backwards. Or he could stay at City, play regularly and develop, and play in the Premier League in a  year or two. LJ and the rest of the staff at City would say the latter is the best option, but his agent would say the former is the best. 

Also don't forget that a bigger Championship club with higher expectations of going up plus the ability/willingness to pay double what City could offer may well be interested and would play him as first choice. I would imagine Boro, Stoke, Leeds, WBA maybe even Cardiff could be seen as more attractive to the lad. Possibly Fulham may prefer him to Joe too.

Archived