IGNORED

UB40

BigTone

I have always been a big fan of UB40 starting way back with Food for Thought. Having seen then several times it is difficult for me now we have 2 different bands due to politics within the group. I suppose I have always considered the "real" UB40 to be the band with Ali, Astro & Mickey and have tended to side that way. Their latest album "A real Labour of Love" is a good listen. Today, however, I took delivery of the other UB's (confusing isn't it) album called "For the Many". This one one has Robin, Norman, Brian etc etc on it. I have to say it is a great listen also.

My one wish is that one day they can put all the shite behind them and reform as the great band they were together. Mind you listening to the song "What happened to UB40 ?" and the references to "The 3 Yoko Ono's" this may be further away than I would like.

Anyway, I live in hope !!

Just saying like.

As a bit of a by the by, I was sitting in Victoria Coach Station a few years back and in wandered Astro and sat next to me. I say "Alright mate, I think I know you" to which he replied "I am good and I sure as **** don't know you" !!  We had a good chat. Great guy.

Archived