IGNORED

All kicking off on mumsnet

We were at a wedding last year during the world Cup. In the build up to it, we were hoping England finished second because had they won the group, the wedding would have been the same day as the quarter final against Brazil. (if we'd have knocked out Japan in last 16). Thankfully we did. Mind you during the evening, my wife got annoyed at me because I watched the Belgium vs Brazil game with a load of other guys for a couple of minutes. 

8 hours ago, Flint says No said:

Someone’s not happy...

F0620872-BDF4-44FE-9680-5FBB947FF28B.jpeg

Once in a lifetime wedding? Don`t make me laugh - half of them will split up within two years and then have another `once in a lifetime` wedding with someone else.

Just a bloody `look at me` day most of it. Half the guests barely know the couple getting married and don`t want to be there in the first place but are afraid they`ll piss someone off if they don`t go so do as it makes life easier at work/in the pub/at the gym.

On 22/05/2019 at 13:23, redsince1994 said:

Too right. Got married in June for about 300 quid all in and spent the rest on 6 weeks in Asia. Madness that people drop enough to buy a house on a party.

Ha ha...it was all we could afford to play madness at the party 'in the garden of 'our house' after Mrs Bruce & I wed !!...

On 23/05/2019 at 17:56, richwwtk said:

After deciding we would go and get married at Gretna Green to avoid the hooha of a big wedding, we chose the date based entirely on when City were playing at Carlisle so we could go to the game the day afterwards.

I got married in Vegas. My wife was going there for a week and so I secretly booked flights and showed up to surprise her. I knew she wanted to get married so figured I wouldn’t get turned down, and if she had then I’d have just had fun in Sin City!

Amazing how cheap it was. I spent less on a week in Vegas (I’m not much of a gambler!) than some people spend on just the wedding cake! 

Archived