IGNORED

Wages

I know I am being pedantic, and this is a little tongue in cheek, but sometimes the talk of wages does my head in  

It is of course right and proper that we discuss whether player a or player b can be accommodated within City’s pay structure, but wages! Surely the modern day footballer is on some form of salary plus bonuses scheme. The image of today’s footballer walking through the door at the end of the week and handing over his brown paper wage packet to his missus so that she extract the necessary for the household bills, housekeeping and a little bit of savings, before handing him back his £20 pocket money makes me smile but seems somewhat unreal. 

2 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I know I am being pedantic, and this is a little tongue in cheek, but sometimes the talk of wages does my head in  

It is of course right and proper that we discuss whether player a or player b can be accommodated within City’s pay structure, but wages! Surely the modern day footballer is on some form of salary plus bonuses scheme. The image of today’s footballer walking through the door at the end of the week and handing over his brown paper wage packet to his missus so that she extract the necessary for the household bills, housekeeping and a little bit of savings, before handing him back his £20 pocket money makes me smile but seems somewhat unreal. 

Just a throwback to when players were paid weekly. 

Archived