IGNORED

Nations League Thread

cidercity1987

Going to throw this out there now in case I'm proved wrong as it seems to be getting a bit loose out there, but the way for most of it England's defence and midfield 8 us worked to close every passing lane is class, especially as the talented players are still able to break with speed on the ball. Made the Dutch look very average for the first hour until things opened up.

Always thought England were a bit of a soft touch when teams passed around them (Portugal in 2000) and making it hard for opponents to do anything in your half takes a lot of stamina and a lot of organisation but for most of 90 it's been pretty textbook for my money.

What a game. Tactical change superb by Southgate. Unlucky with offside. Barkley been very good, Sterling so much better now in the middle, and Lingard really changed the game. Henderson and Rice look a solid pairing. Hard to predict this one.

1 minute ago, Olé said:

Going to throw this out there now in case I'm proved wrong as it seems to be getting a bit loose out there, but the way for most of it England's defence and midfield 8 us worked to close every passing lane is class, especially as the talented players are still able to break with speed on the ball. Made the Dutch look very average for the first hour until things opened up.

Always thought England were a bit of a soft touch when teams passed around them (Portugal in 2000) and making it hard for opponents to do anything in your half takes a lot of stamina and a lot of organisation but for most of 90 it's been pretty textbook for my money.

Tbf the dutch did look quite tired in the last 10 minutes. Neville did say in the first half the Dutch may struggle to maintain the pressing. 

6 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Rather the right decisions be made but the ball ache is the amount of time it takes 

I've not got an issue with the concept of VAR. I have an issue with how fans don't have a clue what's going on. Tonight we were shown one replay. BT Sport are quite in depth with their VAR reviews. Not sure if it's a Sky thing or a tournament thing. 

For offsides surely there has to be a more quicker solution using alternative technology such as gps or hawk eye etc?

Calamitous.

Walker own goal.

Again, the issue isn’t the playing it out from the back, its that nobody drops to transition the play to the middle third.

We should be maintaining possession in that area of the pitch, not the first third.

Archived