IGNORED

Wayne Rooney - Decent Strike

elhombrecito

I wonder if he just tried too hard with England and that's why it didn't come as naturally.  He clearly cared about it.

It was a shame that his best England tournament was Portugal Euro 2004 when he was 19 at which point a lot of people genuinely thought that he would go on to be one of the greatest players ever so were disappointed by his not reaching those heights again.

He was comfortably world class for ten years and that strike shows he still has it.

2 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I wonder if he just tried too hard with England and that's why it didn't come as naturally.  He clearly cared about it.

It was a shame that his best England tournament was Portugal Euro 2004 when he was 19 at which point a lot of people genuinely thought that he would go on to be one of the greatest players ever so were disappointed by his not reaching those heights again.

He was comfortably world class for ten years and that strike shows he still has it.

I think its clear that rooney, like maradona has a smaller powerful physique, that can be affected by injuries and/ or weight, so his physical condition may well deteriorate as he comes to the end of his career. He will probably never lose that technique though.

1 hour ago, simon uk said:

I think its clear that rooney, like maradona has a smaller powerful physique, that can be affected by injuries and/ or weight, morphso his physical condition may well deteriorate as he comes to the end of his career. He will probably never lose that technique though.

Rooneys body shape is part endomorph as he matured he put on mass naturally. Post 25 Rooney became slower, much slower than the individual who beat players for speed earlier in his career.

I watch DC Utd each week. In the MLS Rooney regularly puts in a masterclass of a centre forward dropping off and bringing in others into play with one and two touch football particularly Acosta. Its a drop in standard from the EPL but worth watching.

8 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Rooneys body shape is part endomorph as he matured he put on mass naturally. Post 25 Rooney became slower, much slower than the individual who beat players for speed earlier in his career.

I watch DC Utd each week. In the MLS Rooney regularly puts in a masterclass of a centre forward dropping off and bringing in others into play with one and two touch football particularly Acosta. Its a drop in standard from the EPL but worth watching.

Don't know if amyone recalls Tomy Hart on Vision On and Hartbeat?...............But Rooney always reminds me of the plasticine animated figure  'Morph'.  However on his day, he is a class footballer.............Rooney that is! 

5 minutes ago, maxjak said:

But Rooney always reminds me of the plasticine animated figure  'Morph'.  However on his day, he is a class footballer.............Rooney that is! 

Morph could do any number of jobs for us...a very malleable player.

Archived