IGNORED

Players out on loan..

Bristol Rob

Aside from the fact 'it's them', why do you think it is we haven't or don't loan any of our young players to the Fewers?

I assume their lack of facilities and style of play are a big part of it, but you would also guess that from our point of view, it would be easier to keep tabs on the progress of a player if there were playing up the road.

Note. I am NOT suggesting we should loan them players, just speculating as to why we don't.

5 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Aside from the fact 'it's them', why do you think it is we haven't or don't loan any of our young players to the Fewers?

I assume their lack of facilities and style of play are a big part of it, but you would also guess that from our point of view, it would be easier to keep tabs on the progress of a player if there were playing up the road.

Note. I am NOT suggesting we should loan them players, just speculating as to why we don't.

Burnt their own bridges over the Taylor signing didn't they? Wael of fortune's kneejerk reaction was to say that there would be no more deals between the two clubs. If he had taken a second to think about it, he might have realised which of the two clubs that was going to be damaged most, precisely for this reason.

If he had a bit about him, he could have looked at it in the way we look at Chelsea- the lack of facilities and style of play may have made this moot, and of course their fans wouldn't have much cared for it- but had they played nicer, smarter- looked at the longer game they definitely could've looked into this.

They go on loan to gain experience and learn more about the game. This means that they are prone to making occasional mistakes. Sending one of our young players  on loan to the 15ers would put them under unwelcome additional pressure where every mistake would be magnified.  

It’s probably more trouble than it’s worth. 

30 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

They go on loan to gain experience and learn more about the game. This means that they are prone to making occasional mistakes. Sending one of our young players  on loan to the 15ers would put them under unwelcome additional pressure where every mistake would be magnified.  

It’s probably more trouble than it’s worth. 

This. Look at the grief young Zak was getting at Rotherham at times last season when he made a few mistakes and now imagine if he`d made them at the swamp...………………………..

46 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

It's not that much harder to travel to the likes of Newport/FGR/Cheltenham to see them either. 

Even then I'm unsure if every loanee has all matches watched. 

No need to help them out. Especially not after the way they treated Akinde. 

3 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

It's not that much harder to travel to the likes of Newport/FGR/Cheltenham to see them either. 

Ahem. Agent Akinde, please.

2 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

Could have sent them Engval mind..

Archived