IGNORED

Quotes From Blackpool Rivals Site....

cheshire_red

Tango - Everyones in agreement that City were very good, the best side to visit us so far and we rode our luck in the first half.

satsooma - lets not forget Brizzle could have been at least 3 up at halftime! Only the woodwork(twice)Brad Jones (twice)and the side netting saved us.The game though seemed a fairly even contest,but with our poor crossing ability and reluctance to shoot,made the stats look like Brizzle murdered us! Some of the toilet philosophers were observing at halftime that "these are the games where we`ve gotta grind out a result...not against the Chesterfields of this World". Their observation was spot on and the lads did just that.

Well done `Pool lets keep it up.

retro-seasider - Personally, I thought it was by far the best game of the season for entertainment,played by two teams who wanted to win and played in awful conditions.The ball was kept on the ground in a vicious swirling wind and overall it was good to watch.No moans from me at all.Yes,we rode our luck at times,but we deserved the win and if we carry on in the same vein for the remainder of the season I`ll be more than happy.

bully4eva - A brilliant result today. Thank God we beat a team in the top half of the table for once and a good one at that. They were easily the best Div 2 side to come to Bloomfield Rd this season.

dame - Enjoyed it today - a proper match for a change. Bristol City are the best team at Bloomers this season, yet left with nothing - just shows you how the pants outfits like Grimsby and Rushden really mugged us earlier in the season.

layton - I was happy to get to HT at 0-0 as we really should have been 2 down, possibly more. I don't think we played particularly badly in the 1st half, just that they were pretty organised on the break and you could see why they put 4 past Brighton recently.

kip - Excellent result today. A very good performance against the best team I've seen this season. I'm not too worried whether it should have been a draw or not. With the conditions, it was always going to be a question of who could apply the pressure with the wind at their backs. City did well first half, we did equally well second half but with the difference of actually scoring a goal. I also thought we created chances as good, if not better, playing against the wind as they did.

the oracle - As soon as I saw their huddle it looked promising - we almost always beat huddlers. The most encouraging thing is that we looked like a good team after looking mediocre for much of the season. The football in the first 15 mins was superb. Bristol were very good, physically very strong and quick but they never opened us up, despite the 3/4 chances in the first half.

onedavebamber - The win against Bristol City on Saturday was something we really needed. Not only was it a vital home victory, but it was also against a team who were one of the most impressive I've seen all season.

There has been a lack of critical postings since the Blackpool game in stark contrast to the many scathing ones (myself included) post Wrexham and shortly after Wycombe games.

I'm sure the club, management and players have noticed this and are delighted with the positiveness the fans are showing. Long may it continue to the ultimate goal of promotion.

Yes, but once again we've dominated, created chances and come away with very little.

We did enough to win the game well today. Can't fault the players, a good run will come together sooner or later. But it's too late now. And that's one man's fault only.

Archived