IGNORED

Christ, Not Another Stewart Thread

sephjnr

courtesy of Onesunderland.com:

Mick McCarthy praised Marcus Stewart after his goal in last night's 2-1 friendly win over Barnsley.

However, while he heaped plaudits on the former Ipswich striker for his fitness, McCarthy stopped short of saying that Stewart wasn't for sale, following speculation that Bristol City are interested in signing him.

Speaking to the PFA's website after the game, McCarthy said: "There has been speculation (about Stewart's future) but it has not affected my relationship with him. He has responded very well and just got on with it. He scored against Barnsley and looked very fit."

• Admin
LAnsdown has ruled it out why are people so obsessed with him!! Its like the Richie Wellens situation

I wouldn't say "ruled out" more like "poured cold water on it"

Steve Lansdown told bcfc.co.uk today: "We were approached by Marcus's agent about whether we might be interested in signing him and the answer had to be yes.

"I spoke to Brian Tinnion about him and he is a player we would like in our squad. But it is already clear that the financial implications make the signing unlikely.

"Even if Sunderland agree to let him go for nothing, our wage structure bears no comparison. Marcus may want to return to Bristol, but it would need to be on our terms and as things stand I can't see it happening.

"Having said that, we will be keeping tabs on his situation when Brian gets back from holiday next week."

Defintely door left ajar rather than slammed shut :D

Archived