IGNORED

Just wrong, young players wages!

Tipps69

21 hours ago, South Somerset Red said:

I hate it when people say being a footballer is a short career. Why should they get to retire 30 years before everyone else? If they cant retire at 35 or whatever on their money then get another job like every other person in this country. Not being funny but if you cant retire at that age being on just 50k a week then you're pretty special. 

Perhaps they should think of that when they choose such a "horrible" job. My heart really ******* bleeds for the modern-day footballer.

Boo bloody hoo, such a short career.

It's stupid, not justifiable via any moral compass but what should be done about it? 

I pay for just about every service Sky provides but other than when City are on I rarely watch football as I've little interest in other clubs. So whilst on one hand I'm well ****ed off that as we do better my season ticket becomes every more redundant,  I save around a ton each match in petrol, and double that in lost time and parking aggravation Bristol end - so suddenly Sky isn't as expensive to me as it might seem.

Blame not the players or their agents, football's transitioned from a working class pastime to a multi billion business and us old codgers harping back to the joys of our youth is akin ****ing in the wind. If folks are stupid enough to pay the going rate so be it, but let us not simply point the finger at the TV outlets. There isn't a product you purchase  going that doesn't have some form of PL tie-in. If this irritates you so much don't buy them but you won't stop,  will you?

I don't hate teenagers earning stupid sums, I do hate the 'politics of envy' that pervades this nation for any of those who dared to do well for themselves. Provided they don't flaunt it and use their wealth to promote other aspects of the economy - more power to their elbow.

Life ain't fair - tell me something I didn't know?

Archived