IGNORED

QPR Ratings (cup game)

Selred

3 minutes ago, Coppello said:

I think the stats are a bit misleading as we sat back after the Walsh goal and invited a hell of a lot of pressure. It was a bit disappointing as we kept hoofing it long in an attempt to clear our lines but the situation would repeat itself. We were pinned into our own half for most of the final 15 minutes. 

However, if we had won 3-2, I don't think the QPR fans would've called it a smash and grab by any means. We had a couple of good chances to go 3-2 up, with Szmodics taking an air shot at a low cross and Diedhiou heading over from the resulting corner. Not a stellar performance by any means but it could be excused by the sheer number of changes, new faces and the youthful side selected. 

QPR made a lot of changes too, though our midfield was very young! Played a part I am sure- was it a case of us having the better chances but they had a lot more in other areas. I did think pregame FWIW that possession wise we might "lose" not that it matters much in that respect.

I wasn’t there so I can’t comment on scores - and can’t be bothered to watch a defeat on any highlights I might be able to find - but I can’t say I’m surprised.

Bailey Wright is one of a number from that starting line up who hasn’t been upto the job for many games. He simply isn’t good enough and should have been replaced.

Same with the man from Senegal. If it’s not a spectacular attempt at a spectacular failure of a bicycle kick it’s a scuffed shot off his 50p feet. He too should have been replaced.

What’s galling is the non-attendee for his medical scored on his debut.....

I’m sure it’ll settle down but to say I’m disappointed with our start to the season is a massive understatement....

Archived