IGNORED

Could LJ cut it in the Prem?

roydo

1 hour ago, Loon plage said:

OK but still streaky and it is undeniable that despite being able to show improved league positions the club faded 17/18 and 18/19 from promotion spots and LJ wasn't able to do anything about it.

That would get him the sack at a big Champ club aspiring to get back in the Prem, let alone an existing club in the top flight shitting itself about the drop, and I have never heard him linked with a job in that division so far.

This is just a forum where aopinions are shared, and some of the  LJ arse kissing does merit some mild challenges. I agree with the poster Andy that from what I can see he  couldn't cut it in the Prem yet, and until we do something tangible he isn't likely to get the invite either.It isn't saying he's a shit coach nowadays or out of his depth in the Championship.

That was the purpose of the OP's post wasn't it - do you think LJ could cut it in the Prem ? We are talking surely about where he is now, not where we think he will be sometime in the future in terms of ability and experience because he wouldn't be given the time and patience shown by Mr Lansdown anywhere else.

The question was asked whether he would be capable in the Premier League, hardly arse kissing of any kind.

Nor any of the responses, so none there to be challenged.

A post saying he wasn't proven at League 1- that which Andy said he felt was a little harsh but also agreed with, was a post just waiting to be challenged as it's utterly nonsensical.

If you genuinely believe there were some LJ arse kissing posts in this thread then point them out and detail why. 

8 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

The question was asked whether he would be capable in the Premier League, hardly arse kissing of any kind.

Nor any of the responses, so none there to be challenged.

A post saying he wasn't proven at League 1- that which Andy said he felt was a little harsh but also agreed with, was a post just waiting to be challenged as it's utterly nonsensical.

If you genuinely believe there were some LJ arse kissing posts in this thread then point them out and detail why. 

Haven't got time - you have nearly 10,000 posts since 2013 so clearly have plenty of it.

My arse kissing comment clearly wasn't aimed at the OP as you should know, they were aimed at people like you and Marcus X who leapt to his defence when Andy made some pretty reasoned comments.

No need to respond.

2 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Haven't got time - you have nearly 10,000 posts since 2013 so clearly have plenty of it.

My arse kissing comment clearly wasn't aimed at the OP as you should know, they were aimed at people like you and Marcus X who leapt to his defence when Andy made some pretty reasoned comments.

No need to respond.

From

"This is a place for discussion" 

To

"I don't like what you're arguing so don't answer"

In 1 post.

Brilliant.

21 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Might have missed the PNE defeat. But it was 100% 12 games unbeaten before the Leeds one.

10 league games perhaps...

Brentford- draw

Millwall- draw

Watford- win

Villa- draw

Reading- win

Wolves- draw

Derby- win 

Stoke- win

Norwich- draw

Bolton- win

Ipswich- win

Burton- draw

I thought you were talking about league games only - apologies...

On 15/09/2019 at 20:53, Red Right Hand said:

Personally I think the only chance he has of managing in the PL is if he stays with us. I really can`t see any other club being prepared to take the risk on an unproven manager when so much is at stake. That`s not to say he couldn`t do it, just that I can`t see anyone giving him the chance to find out.

Unproven? We are the only club to have improved our league position every year for 5 consecutive seasons. 

He's taken us, a relatively small fish in a big pond, to be one of the most respected teams outside the prem. 

Unproven. 

3 minutes ago, J-mat said:

Unproven? We are the only club to have improved our league position every year for 5 consecutive seasons. 

He's taken us, a relatively small fish in a big pond, to be one of the most respected teams outside the prem. 

Unproven. 

Unproven at premier league level though

3 minutes ago, J-mat said:

So was every foreign manager before coming here, so was Wilder etc etc. It means diddly squat. 

Other foreign managers have managed at the top level of their respective countries. 

Wilder is a weird example as he took Sheff United up, not the same as a prem club coming in for Johnson.

Any struggling prem club isn’t going to look to someone like Johnson, they’ll look at someone with premier league experience 

He’s not quite there yet. He’s been good for the club as we have probably not had it this good from the Alan Dick,s days of those old enough to remember. LJ will be managing a club in the next few years In the Prem as he is on the up and is a great mentor for young players. Hopefully it’s with the Robins next season but if we don’t make it he will be poached by other clubs and good luck to him.

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

Other foreign managers have managed at the top level of their respective countries. 

Wilder is a weird example as he took Sheff United up, not the same as a prem club coming in for Johnson.

Any struggling prem club isn’t going to look to someone like Johnson, they’ll look at someone with premier league experience. 

just like Graham Potter 

Archived