IGNORED

Afobe Out For Season (confirmed)

Guest Sturman 1

2 minutes ago, InCyder said:

I'm sure with the way they run the Twitter account at the moment we'd have seen a video of him running on the training ground or something similar if it was just a hoax. 

Would they?  

Saying nothing keeps Swansea guessing.  If fake news "we don't comment on rumours", if true "we didn't want to comment until the injury was fully assessed and we had discussed it with his home club."

If fake, great buzz from the crowd when team announced, if true can't be more gloomy that us lot now.

Playing it correctly if you ask me.

I don't understand this whole social media "banter" or "fishing" phenom that everyone seems obsessed with, why would you claim that you made up a rumour, when you aren't the person who started it? Is it to get likes or lolz, i don't understand? Is the person that unloved in real life?

Afobe is obviously crocked. Too many reports on this for at least one of them to have some form of solid info.

• Admin
36 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Sorry but if G McG said it appeared to be true, surely he has checked with the club?

I wait to stand corrected and admittedly this was from years ago but I'm sure that the club leaked a story around the club to see if rumours appearing on social media were coming from within the club. The story eventually ran in at least the evening post about how we were about to sign the player. 

The player involved was Derek O'Riordan 

15 minutes ago, Sturman 1 said:

From the BP

Just a word from Stoke

We understand the subject of Benik Afobe’s injury was raised in Nathan Jones’ press conference but the quotes have been embargoed until the club make an official statement

I guess that can be taken either way in that they know he's injured or as Jones is a good mate of LJ he is on the biggest hoax in football 

It would be odd, to say the least, for the Post to run this story and follow up with a list of possible replacements unless they have some evidence.

I don't think we should be hopeful. It really staggers me the club says absolutely nothing. What is their media team for if not this? Wild rumours floating about and they stay shtum.

The Bristol Post has a couple of articles related to Beniks injury, he is MOST DEFINITELY out for the season. No idea why the official site has not announced it?   There is also an article on strikers currently unattached who might be available........Mcormack,  Bony,  Anicheibe etc.    I hope we just stick with what we have until January, rather than get in a mercenary.  It makes me laugh when it's stated that some of them would have prohibitively high wage demands?...................They are out of work!  You would think they would drop their huge wage demands, so they could get into a squad and prove themselves, but NO,  it would appear most of them are happier doing nothing but training alone, rather than lessen their demands and get to play football, the game they are supposed to love!  Am I naive?  Anyways.......No thanks.

1 minute ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

BB7B0897-A36C-4460-B65C-E14AD257A727.jpeg

Literally the least credible of all the things that **** has posted.

17-18 hours gone since he supposedly got there, so he was there from about 10-11pm last night.

The same time he claims to have seen Afobe in Waitrose who was rushing around absolutely fine despite his torn ACL that this same person claimed he had.

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

For the Bristol Post yes, but for the BBC to run with it, for Football League World to do so, for Steve Cooper to mention it or comment on it in Swansea's press conference, and for Stoke comments seemingly embargoed until later on it makes me fear the worst.

I fear the worst too, but the BP will want to maximise clickbait while there is no official announcement. 

I would like to see Ali Duerden make a report on it, he is usually pretty reliable. I wonder which part of Radio Bristol provided the story.

I suspect it is true and it would be a blow, but I can wait until tomorrow to see if he is in the squad.

As he isn't our player it would mean we aren't in a position as a club to say anything until the parent club wants to release information or give City permission to release such information. If he isn't injured I will run around the Mem with nothing but city nipple tassles on shouting I'm a Gurt Ted.

10 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

For the Bristol Post yes, but for the BBC to run with it, for Football League World to do so, for Steve Cooper to mention it or comment on it in Swansea's press conference, and for Stoke comments seemingly embargoed until later on it makes me fear the worst.

None of them did any research or look for actual proof. All they had to do was look on the OS and they'd have realised that it was a fake story.

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

This is bizarre now. Can’t recall the club ever taking so long to confirm a major injury before, this is unprecedented surely?

Odd situation. Struggling to believe they would do this to keep Swansea guessing.

Protocol ?

He is Stokes player so they will want to assess him, get scanned etc. and then make an announcement - just guesswork like everything else on this thread..

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

This is bizarre now. Can’t recall the club ever taking so long to confirm a major injury before, this is unprecedented surely?

Odd situation. Struggling to believe they would do this to keep Swansea guessing.

IF and I mean IF it is a hoax, the club might be keeping shtum on account of them taking it further?

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

None of them did any research or look for actual proof. All they had to do was look on the OS and they'd have realised that it was a fake story.

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Because the twitter guy admitted that he’d made it all up?

17 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Because it was all made up bollocks as I originally posted........if it’s not on the OS its invariably is wild speculation and rumour.

26 minutes ago, Robbored said:

So.........it looks as if the Afobe injured was a complete twitter wind up - now there’s a surprise.........not!

Im really looking forward to a plethora of apologies from those who slagged me off as an ‘attention seeking troll’............:)

..............or you could be digging a very deep hole for yourself.

This is all so strange. I can’t believe a guy like Peter Coates would be complicit (by association) in some hoax “team selection” sting by another club currently borrowing a £12m “asset” of his. This is a bloke who has enough cash to make Steve Lansdown’s fortune look like loose change.

Truly bizarre.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Eh?

You are believing of some belter of a bellend on Twitter over one of the main broadcasters. Interesting take...

The thing is the BBC and other national media quite often get stuff wrong. Just last weekend they said that Nick Powell was back for Stoke and he didn't even make the bench. The stuff they put in the game previews on their website and on teletext (yes I know :(  ) are often laughable.

6 minutes ago, downendcity said:

...........or you could be digging a very deep hole for yourself.

So?........:dunno:

In my world, if it’s not officially announced via the OS then it’s a false story.

If/when the club announce Afobe’s  ‘injury’ then I’ll believe it.

1 minute ago, Selred said:

There isn’t. It’s the return of the quiz on social media 

Quiz.

Question 1: Has Benik Afobe done his ACL?

Question 2: If he has, how long will he be out for?

Question 3: If he has done his ACL and will be out for some time, who will replace him,

Question 4: If he has done his ACL and will be out for some time, will the club bring someone in in the January window?

Question 5: If he has done his ACL, will be out for some time and we bring someone in in January, who will it be?

Question 5: If he has done his ACL and will be out for some time , will that confirm  Robbored as the "attention seeking troll" he denies being?

9 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

The thing is the BBC and other national media quite often get stuff wrong. Just last weekend they said that Nick Powell was back for Stoke and he didn't even make the bench. The stuff they put in the game previews on their website and on teletext (yes I know :(  ) are often laughable.

The Nick Powell statement isn't incorrect.

He was back in terms of availability. That doesn't mean he will be selected.

7 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

They’re not though are they. They’re a reputable and reliable source of information, especially on sport.

There’s quite a simple test - ask politicians of all flavour to ask if they feel the beeb has been biased at some point. Lots will, thus proving they aren’t. The ones who don’t think it’s biased (also from all sides) ,also prove it.

If that makes sense.

4 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

Biased journalism at its best... Sport isn’t bad, better out there!!

Aaaah as I thought then.  :laughcont:

Makes sense- not exactly surprising coming from you.

Might have missed Pete O'Rourke, a reputable source- claimed a source close to the club had confirmed it to him, that's a very big claim to make by him!

Still it's not really the thread for it, is it?

9 minutes ago, Spud55 said:

His daughter is as it was her who founded BET365, Coates himself is worth less than lansdown. 

Ok, I may have misread as Coates “family”. Either way the situation is strange in terms of the silence on an asset of theirs we are borrowing!! I’m sure the club have kept them informed!!!!

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Aaaah as I thought then.  :laughcont:

Makes sense- not exactly surprising coming from you.

Might have missed Pete O'Rourke, a reputable source- claimed a source close to the club had confirmed it to him, that's a very big claim to make by him!

Still it's not really the thread for it, is it?

Yeah I missed that tbf... Some people have work to do ?

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Ok, I may have misread as Coates “family”. Either way the situation is strange in terms of the silence on an asset of theirs we are borrowing!! I’m sure the club have kept them informed!!!!

Oh yea agree totally, the only reason it can be taking so long is that Stoke want to assess him as well as he's basically finished there so their only hope of getting anything back is that he performs for us. 

11 minutes ago, Spud55 said:

Oh yea agree totally, the only reason it can be taking so long is that Stoke want to assess him as well as he's basically finished there so their only hope of getting anything back is that he performs for us. 

The club can say he has been injured in training but that they can make no further statement at this point of time.

Boris Johnson out. I'm the politically correct one.

Archived