IGNORED

Andi Weimann... Goals?!

mozo

3 hours ago, marcofisher said:

I do think when we get Kalas and Nagy back we will be able to go back to a shape that will benefit Andi a bit more on top on his own. Surely LJ has seen how well Palmer threads balls through to him?

Something like this:

Bentley

Hunt Kalas Williams/Moore/Baker Rowe

Brownhill Nagy

Eliasson Palmer O'Dowda

Weimann 

Eliasson and O'Dowda tuck in to make it a 4-4-1-1 out of possession. 

That for me is a very hard working and industrious team that also has the required quality to produce one or two moments a match to win it. 

Only worry I have with that system is Weimann being too isolated. Unless Palmer can improve a lot on his work rate and pressing, then I feel Weimann will be chasing things on his own up top. 

When Weimann drifts into the channels, there may be at times no one in the box, as Palmer does not really make runs into the box very often.

Also when Weimann receives the ball with his back to goal, he may struggle to hold it up. And we may struggle to create without 2 movers up top, moving defenders around. Weimann has so far shown he likes to have another striker alongside him, one with mobility.

Having said all that, i would like to see what you suggest as then we have Palmer and Eliasson, and even O'Dowda in the same side. On paper that excites me. 

I guess LJ must have thought of such a system and line up, and probably tried it on the training ground too. If he doesn't go with that at all then I assume it's because he thinks it doesn't look right on the training ground.

Archived