IGNORED

Korey v Massenga

WECANDO

13 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

That’s not correct 

He described him as an all round but predominantly defensive midfielder 

The exact quote is:

"In an ideal world we would do a centre-half, a right-back, a holding central midfielder, an attacking central midfielder - which you know, Massengo - and a centre forward."

So actually it is correct.

He's clearly capable in defensive roles because we've seen that, but we are yet to really see what he can do offensively.

21 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I’d like to see a 4312, just once.

GK and back 4.

Brownhill | Nagy | Massengo

Palmer

Weimann | Diedhiou or Semenyo

I think this works, but would take a bit of practice to get the width catered for. 

In possession, Nagy can hold back a little and dictate play if needed.

Palmer can play between the lines. 

Brownhill and Massengo would have a less typical role because they could either drift wide to combine with the full backs, or stay narrow and interplay with the attack.

Likewise, the strikers could pull wide and allow midfield to roam into the box.

Out of possession, Brownhill and Massengo have the energy to get back and support Nagy defend the counter.

If the opposition are building an attack from the back, Palmer can drop back into centre mid alongside Nagy, and Brownhill and Massengo can go wide to shield the full backs.

So long as they all know their jobs it can work. 

1 hour ago, mozo said:

I think this works, but would take a bit of practice to get the width catered for. 

In possession, Nagy can hold back a little and dictate play if needed.

Palmer can play between the lines. 

Brownhill and Massengo would have a less typical role because they could either drift wide to combine with the full backs, or stay narrow and interplay with the attack.

Likewise, the strikers could pull wide and allow midfield to roam into the box.

Out of possession, Brownhill and Massengo have the energy to get back and support Nagy defend the counter.

If the opposition are building an attack from the back, Palmer can drop back into centre mid alongside Nagy, and Brownhill and Massengo can go wide to shield the full backs.

So long as they all know their jobs it can work. 

I guess it could be a bit of a diamond, and a fluid one at that.  Each of the 3 could play at the base.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I guess it could be a bit of a diamond, and a fluid one at that.  Each of the 3 could play at the base.

Not read the entire thread, but this is what I've been thinking lately.

Nagy as a holding/defensive/covering MF, Brownhill and HNM in front playing a more usual MF role and Palmer given freedom ahead of them. With that rotation would be fairly simple as I think Korey could cover any on the deeper 3 roles and COD and Szmodics look a natural fit for KP's role.

Width would come from either WB's if you play 3 CB's and 1 up top , or even as FB's they could get forward with Nagy allowing a little licence.

Archived