IGNORED

Not Much Of A Testimonial.

Bow_Legged_Chicken

I think its a bit wrong to use a the celebration of a great servent to the club as a friendly.

I thought testimonials were supposed to be to celebrate the players time at the club and with him moving into management this year more so than playing I would say it would be the perfect time to hold it.

For me a testimonial is a knockabout that you have for a laugh. Invite his mates along some stars, some ex city players and just make a night of it. Tommorrow is not Tins testimonal in my eyes its just a friendly, can't see what would be any different.

We have had what 4 games now for friendlies tommorrow should be a celebration its a disgrace that we will never get the chance to have a proper testimonial for who is a superb servent of this club.

• Admin

Hate to say but I completely agree with you.

Even though Tins will get a great reception, as you say it is more of a pre-season warm up now and not a "testimonial" which is a shame. Would have been great to see Tins play in a team which mirrored his "favourite" team he has played with, he went through this at his evening event.

Still think the reasons for not getting Newcastle are a joke, there has been long enough to plan this fixture !

I agree it certainly doesnt seem to have that 'feel' of a testimonial match, which is shame.

Tinman deserves a 'proper' testimonial. :D

Maybe we can give him a proper one in ten years time when he have won the Premiership, FA cup and Champions league under his guidance

^_^

Guest TinmansCulturedLeftPeg

I also thinks its a shame.....this time tomorrow the friendly against Portsmouth will be over and we nor Tins will have Tins testimonial to look forward to......if that makes sense???

It just a preseason warmup......what a shame.....he deserves better than that.....

Guest Red_Rat

But, it's good for him because although it is supposed to be his 'testimonial' match it is all so his 'benefit' match with all proceedings going to him, but City have to pay Portsmouth 25k before any money goes to Tinman. If you want to know how i know that (i don't know if it is allowed to be known or not)...give me a PM and i will explain but now i'm too tired and am going to bed.

Good night.

Red_Rat.

Archived