IGNORED

Rowe central midfield?

old_eastender

Really hope Massengo plays against Barnsley Friday. However if he is deemed to need further rest, then maybe Tommy Rowe could play CM. He at least would get stuck in and disrupt the opposition's midfield play, that would probably mean COD being asked to play LWB in a back 5.

One thing for sure yesterday's gambit at playing COD in Massengo's position did not work.

I'm assuming here that neither Nagy or Smith are going to be fit to play Friday.

I think Rowe could do a good job in midfield, but moving him there at present causes other problems. I don’t think either Rodri or Semenyo are good enough to play, so that leaves Weimann as a central attacker.  Although COD isn’t perfect he at least provides an attacking option to support Weimann. If he went to left back the option is gone / diminished. 

1 hour ago, old_eastender said:

I meant if Massengo 'rested' again, try Rowe & Brownhill as the CM pairing (if neither Nagy or Smith ready to return).

Hmm, maybe- O'Dowda at LWB would have good space to run into for a start.

Would still have some concerns about the centre, but at least Rowe and Brownhill would be more natural and probably have some more stability than Brownhill, Palmer and O'Dowda!

Archived