IGNORED

QPR v Brentford

Lanterne Rouge

34 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Brentford are ones to watch certainly- they seem to have been quite strong since they've switched to an outright 4-3-3.

Should be up there as top 6 contenders IMO- had they kept Maupay, who knows where they'd be ATM- probably higher!

They always seem to start slowly, they did much the same last season iirc.

8 hours ago, pillred said:

They always seem to start slowly, they did much the same last season iirc.

Last season they started quite well, slowed down a bit...and during international break Smith moved to Aston Villa.

This then knocked them back quite a bit and for some time. They also seem to have a high turnaround of players each season. Fairly open League, gelling.

Were I them I'd say no January sales, a playoff tilt the aim.

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Last season they started quite well, slowed down a bit...and during international break Smith moved to Aston Villa.

This then knocked them back quite a bit and for some time. They also seem to have a high turnaround of players each season. Fairly open League, gelling.

Were I them I'd say no January sales, a playoff tilt the aim.

Are they still driven by Moneyball principles Mr P ?

4 hours ago, Loon plage said:

I think broadly they are LP- but Jansson being signed may indicate a bit of flexibility?

Suspect that if in a decent position, they might apply a bit of flexibility to when they sell- and leave it to the summer at the earliest. New ground next season, bigger revenue streams, as well as a committed owner- well within FFP, unsure they need to sell at all in Jan IMO.

4 hours ago, Loon plage said:

Benham still owns them so yeah they're still operating on his principles. It was never truly "moneyball" though. It's more about him using the stats that he gathers and analyses through his professional gambling company to try and buy young talent low and then sell high, whilst increasing the odds of Brentford being promoted each season. 

Archived