IGNORED

2+ leads blown under LJ

Alex_BCFC

21 hours ago, tin said:

Given that Strictly's on the tele, I looked it up on Soccerbase and the answer is eight times.

• 1 November 2019: Barnsley (a) - 2-0 up, 2-2
  • 28 September 2019: Preston (a) - 2-0 up, 3-3
  • 10 February 2018: Sunderland (h) - 3-0 up, 3-3
  • 18 February 2018: Leeds (a) 2-0 up, 2-2
  • 25 February 2017: Newcastle (a) 2-0 up, 2-2
  • 11 February 2017: Derby (a) 3-0 up, 3-3
  • 2 January 2017: Reading (h) 2-0 up, lost 3-2
  • 13 September 2016: Sheff Weds (a) 2-0 up, lost 3-2
  • At least one dodgy decision.
  • Tactical flaws- I remember that day I had a gut feeling that it wasn't over at HT. Don't know why, but feared that complacency had kicked in- had we stayed compact then Sunderland would have taken more risks and huge spaces on the break- looking to win 5, 6 I see why but it was a flaw- we may have got that 5 or 6 with better 2nd half tactics ironically! That Diony sub...I dunno. Too soon certainly!
  • Never got to grips with Hernandez- he was growing into the game, and with that so were Leeds- then that combined with a small spark which set their fans off, with their Champions of Europe chant turned the tide a fair bit and we were possibly lucky to draw by the end!
  • Good side, they did exactly the same away to Brighton not long after so I take it for what it is a bit. Was a shame but given our form,  combined with Newcastle being Newcastle and clear favourites to go up , managed by Benitez all I seem to recall was predictions of thrashings
  • 3-0 up at HT and as I recall Taylor missed a big chance to make it 4-2 or 4-1. Nonetheless, LJ took too long to notice the tide turning, to respond correctly to this- by the time he made subs, or tweaks, the momentum had already shifted, had swung- was too late IMO.
  • Just checked. O'Neil missed a penalty, then got sent off- away to a team who were 2-1 and a man down! Proper switch of momentum.

Archived