IGNORED

Josh Brownhill signs for Burnley; CONFIRMED

REDOXO

20 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

And actually more of an AM/10 so wouldn't be Brownhill's replacement. My bad!

Was also on trial with us a few years ago (though can't say I ever recall hearing about it).....?

Hmm. Can't remember any quality am being on trial with us.

Daniel Johnson maybe?

LJ managed him at Oldham. Maybe he looked at him a few years back

21 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Was also on trial with us a few years ago (though can't say I ever recall hearing about it).....?

But he doesn’t play Palmer or szmodics but wants another attacking midfielder? 

unless of course Palmer and szmodics weren’t LJ signings 

35 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Is that really a position that needs to be filled?! I'm so confused by our recruitment policy.

59 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Are you referring to Eberechi Eze?

1 minute ago, BCFC Grim said:

As in the one on loan at huddersfield? Their fans would drive him to us. Not rated by them......I think.

Always looked very good to me when I’ve seen him - here and on tv for Ipswich - but obviously not pulling up any trees currently. Maybe a nice move back down south will get him back on track! 

32 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Hmmm you might be onto something there!

Saying that is the case for arguments sake. Could I add the likes of Adelakun , Eisa , Engval etc ? 
IF so and LJ has dug his heels in by not using them then I have more respect for him. Very difficult job to use players you didn’t want and forge a playing style with players that don’t suit it.

So who are choosing these players , MA ?

If that’s the case then JL SL are a shambles letting MA dictate players when he’s not a football man .

they talk about singing from the same hymn sheet but obviously are not. 

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

That's interesting considering the amount of players we have that can play the AM/10 role. Indicates some truth in the rumours about Palmer perhaps?

12 hours ago, Lew-T said:

My money is on Ben Pearson.

He's always been someone I wish we'd target. Might be a bit out of reach now but always thought he was quality. 

4 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I’m confused. There seems to be an implication that Mark Ashton is buying players that Lee Johnson has not approved of and  LJ is/has been disinclined to consider them on an equal footing as other players that he has approved of?

It's been discussed on a few threads recently by people who have inside knowledge and are trusted posters. 

If you get a spare 20 minutes, i'd recommend reading through this thread where it's properly explained and debated very well.

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

But he doesn’t play Palmer or szmodics but wants another attacking midfielder? 

unless of course Palmer and szmodics weren’t LJ signings 

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Hmmm you might be onto something there!

MA’s job should be on the line if so.  I still cannot for the life of me why LJ didn’t just say “no”, if he didn’t want either.  @€%£ building / continuing relations with Chelsea if that was the reason for Palmer.  I’ll say it again, LJ needs to call him out if true.  The fact that he hasn’t tells me a lot too.

42 minutes ago, CityLew said:

Are you referring to Eberechi Eze?

He was on trial here supposedly.

40 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

As in the one on loan at huddersfield? Their fans would drive him to us. Not rated by them......I think.

interesting...Whenever I've seen him I've rated him. Looks incredibly strong and deceptively quick. Add to that, my friend watched Cardiff Huddersfield back in the autumn and said he was the best player on the pitch.

Opinions eh!

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

MA’s job should be on the line if so.  I still cannot for the life of me why LJ didn’t just say “no”, if he didn’t want either.  @€%£ building / continuing relations with Chelsea if that was the reason for Palmer.  I’ll say it again, LJ needs to call him out if true.  The fact that he hasn’t tells me a lot too.

He was on trial here supposedly.

E ze Good .

11 minutes ago, underhanded said:

interesting...Whenever I've seen him I've rated him. Looks incredibly strong and deceptively quick. Add to that, my friend watched Cardiff Huddersfield back in the autumn and said he was the best player on the pitch.

Opinions eh!

I thought he had some shockers for Ipswich too. I maybe completely wrong but his name seems to pop up negatively.

Archived