IGNORED

Fans view on how their Championship team are doing so far?

Tipps69

Derby and Wednesday fans think their seasons are 13 out of 10!

Responses pretty well as expected - always think they should canvas Tommy's opinions to liven this type of survey up a bit.    :)

4 hours ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Me too, huge injuries to our 11 and still in the playoffs, 8.5 for me. 

That's the number I had in my head tbh. 

I'd give a 7.5 had we not had all these injuries and had been in a similar position. Losing Afobe alone was massive and I'd think we would be even higher up the table with him.

7 hours ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Me too, huge injuries to our 11 and still in the playoffs, 8.5 for me. 

I'd agree but amazing isn't it. If you read the Post article about what the other managers have said about us we've apparently been outplayed in every game this season and shouldn't have won a single match. Got to be our season. 

1 minute ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I'd agree but amazing isn't it. If you read the Post article about what the other managers have said about us we've apparently been outplayed in every game this season and shouldn't have won a single match. Got to be our season. 

There's a few on here who'd say the same.

2 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

People forget that in the season we got to the play off final we didnt always play that well. Our never say die attitude won us many games.

2 hours ago, Northern Red said:

There's a few on here who'd say the same.

Yeah, but many of them don't attend a high percentage of games and don't understand what they're looking at when they do. We all want scintillating performances, but thats the icing it's results that count. Luton is the only disastrous performance this season as we've put bodies on the line to get points. What's the golf analogy, drive for show, putt for dough. 

11 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Yeah, but many of them don't attend a high percentage of games and don't understand what they're looking at when they do. We all want scintillating performances, but thats the icing it's results that count. Luton is the only disastrous performance this season as we've put bodies on the line to get points. What's the golf analogy, drive for show, putt for dough. 

You are quite right , the higher up the ladder you go the harder it is to dominate the pros you’re playing against.

Add in all the sports science available to most clubs these days and the margins are wafer thin. I am thrilled that despite this and all our problems with injuries we are still in touch with the leading teams and if we keep plugging away , nicking points here and there , we are in  with a good chance of having our matches played whenever it suits Sky next season. 

On 22/11/2019 at 09:26, Major Isewater said:

You are quite right , the higher up the ladder you go the harder it is to dominate the pros you’re playing against.

Add in all the sports science available to most clubs these days and the margins are wafer thin. I am thrilled that despite this and all our problems with injuries we are still in touch with the leading teams and if we keep plugging away , nicking points here and there , we are in  with a good chance of having our matches played whenever it suits Sky next season. 

Ultimately it’s only goals that count - how many you score and how many you concede. Most successful teams find a way to win or draw even when they are being outplayed for long periods. Few ever manage to steamroller other teams week in week out. And in fact, that doesn’t set you up well for winning tight games, Man City under Guardiola being a case in point.

Archived