IGNORED

Will we welease Wodri ?

Major Isewater

5 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

The lad has seemingly disappeared from the match day squad after a few cameo roles , which were pretty mixed in fairness. 

Will we persevere  with him or will he be ‘ thanked ‘ ? 

I personally feel that he has the makings but needs coaching and games to get up to speed with the Championship.

Is that Biggus Dickus speaking?

4 hours ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

Very unlikely that, not due to the injury but obviously the awful personal situation.

In fact I'd say the absolute opposite, Afobe wrote on Instagram "We want to bounce back and show people that even when we are grieving we can make a comeback and be strong and never quit in anything you want to do or become" 

Personally I've suffered 3 close bereavements this year and what got me through it was training and competing in half marathons, it appears from what Afobe has said he has the same sort of attitude as me. He will be even more determined to get back fit and playing before the end of the season.

5 hours ago, Sturny said:

I think we should let him go. The amount of times he tried and failed an overhead kick.... 

The only time I scored from an overhead kick was when I desperately lunged to nick the ball from a defender who was about to hoof it clear. 

I fell back on my arse - with no idea that I’d scored for a few seconds!!!!!

7 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

If we sold him, we would make a profit- no fee, so...

Depends when his contract runs until though and I doubt it would be anything substantial.

Runs out end of January.

6 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think if we only sign one front man in January, he’ll stay until the end of the season - if it’s two, he’s gone. LJ won’t want to run the risk of another injury up front leaving us short, and with Rodri / one newcomer we will have four (+ Semenyo if not loaned) for what is now a front two. Running with any less than that and running the risk of suspensions/injury/loss of form would be madness for the limited extra amount Rodri is likely costing us. 

If Afobe has the best case prognosis of being back in March, I think we’ll sign one and keep Rodri pending that.

I liked some of the stuff I saw from Rodri, but if I had a choice to go with him or recall Matty Taylor, I’d go Matty Taylor.  I didn’t see enough in fleeting appearances by Rodri to think Matty Taylor couldn’t do the same and more.

I think Matty is good to have around the squad on the training ground and match day.  He is also a known quantity, would mean getting only one more striker in.

I think Rodri made a brave decision to come here on the back of a new-born baby, so I thank him for that and wish him well.  He helped us out, and contributed to one win v Charlton.  Important two extra points they might be!!

Of course, we need to persuade Matty to sacrifice 4/5 months, and him be up for it, whilst losing out on any fee, by him going on a free in the summer.  We might need to be ruthless here, and he doesn't strike me as a guy to whinge.

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Runs out end of January.

I liked some of the stuff I saw from Rodri, but if I had a choice to go with him or recall Matty Taylor, I’d go Matty Taylor.  I didn’t see enough in fleeting appearances by Rodri to think Matty Taylor couldn’t do the same and more.

I think Matty is good to have around the squad on the training ground and match day.  He is also a known quantity, would mean getting only one more striker in.

I think Rodri made a brave decision to come here on the back of a new-born baby, so I thank him for that and wish him well.  He helped us out, and contributed to one win v Charlton.  Important two extra points they might be!!

Of course, we need to persuade Matty to sacrifice 4/5 months, and him be up for it, whilst losing out on any fee, by him going on a free in the summer.  We might need to be ruthless here, and he doesn't strike me as a guy to whinge.

That’s some strong baby he’s had ! 

By all accounts Matty won’t be coming back to City and neither should he. He’s the past and he’s moved on to somewhere where he’s enjoying his football, getting regular starts and scoring goals.

An unhappy player is no good for dressing room morale  and although he’s a good pro he couldn’t help but be disappointed to be ordered to return. 

I like the lad and rate him . I don’t think he got the  chances he deserved to have a run in the team but that’s another story. 

Let’s either get Rodri up to speed ( who seems to be MT’s replacement) or bring in another player better than the Spaniard. Is Johnson Clark Harris available for 300,000 ?

Archived