IGNORED

Tinman - The First 50(ish) Days

I believe it is now 55 or 56 days since the board took the brave decision to axe Danny Wilson and replace him with a long-serving and highly respected player, who is completely new to this management lark, in Brian Tinnion.

"Tinman" has now had these 50 odd days to make his mark on our squad, and has had five pre-season friendlies in which to teach the side to play the game his way.

Below is a brief summary of what has happened so far, as I recall it! How does everybody think it is going so far? For the record, I'm 100% behind Tinman, I think his signings have boosted the squad, and that we should achieve automatic promotion, by playing exciting football this season.

PLAYERS IN:

Paul Heffernan

Bradley Orr

Jamie Smith (Trial)

Alun Armstrong (Trial)

Clint Davis (Trial)

Scott Brown (Trial)

Kevin Barallon (Trial)

Joe Anyinsah (Academy Product)

Sekani Simpson (Academy Product)

Ryan Harley (Academy Product)

Clayton Fortune (Academy Product)

Craig Loxton (Academy Product)

PLAYERS OUT:

Louis Carey

Aaron Brown

Lee Peacock

RESULTS SO FAR:

City 4 -1 Newport County

City 9 - 1 Clevedon

City 1 - 0 Kidderminster

City 3 - 0 Yeovil

City 4 - 0 Forest Green Rovers

To be Played:

City v Portsmouth

City v WBA

All in all, I think the squad is now stronger than last season, provding we can find a new right-back, although Jamie Smith will do the job I hope. If we can keep Alun Armstrong, then that will be the cherry on top for me. It's been a very encouraging preseason, and lets hope that come next Saturday evening, we're reflecting on a great opening day win over Torquay! (5-0 as against Notts County last year will do us nicely, Brian!!)

COME ON THE CITY!!!!!!!!!!

It's 55 days. Same day as the Bristol Fans Derby 2004. Did I mention that pictures from that game can be found here? :D

I think Tinman has taken to management very well, and the initial signs are very encouraging. However, I'll wait until around 10 games in to the season before making any kind of judgement.

Archived