IGNORED

Streakys back, back again

Meh

45 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I’ve come to this conclusion now Fordy. Generally I think consistency of management is a good thing, and I’ve constantly pointed to broad progress up the league. But that consistency can also become staleness, and that’s what we look to me now; stale.

We have the quality in the squad and the status in the game as a top half team with play off potential; now could be the time to take advantage of that and go and get a manager with the credentials to take us to the next level. I’ve lost faith that Johnson as the man to do it.

It’s really interesting to see a level-headed poster like you reach this conclusion Chippenham. You clearly think about these things before posting them on here, unlike many of the knee jerkers or people who have been anti-Johnson from the start. 

I’m not in the Johnson out camp yet, but you do wonder where we’re going under him now. I think I saw yesterday that we have won 6 in our last 19 at home, and many of those performances have been absolutely turgid. I don’t go to AG expecting to enjoy the game at the moment and I guess that tells its own story. 

I’m still behind Johnson for now as I like the stability he brings and we are still in a good position, especially if we recruit well in January.

I fear, however, that we’re destined to finish somewhere around mid-table. If that does come to pass then I’m afraid it will be time for change. 

3 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

I am not asking for Johnson to be sacked, but this squad is his own and had record investment, any frailties in this team are down to him recruiting them. Would Chris Houghton, Slavisa Jakanovic for example get more out of this team, manage games, recruit better? I think the answer is yes.

I think the answer is **** yes. 

1 hour ago, Dynamite Red said:

I am not asking for Johnson to be sacked, but this squad is his own and had record investment, any frailties in this team are down to him recruiting them. Would Chris Houghton, Slavisa Jakanovic for example get more out of this team, manage games, recruit better? I think the answer is yes.

To be fair I think we’ve recruited well. The problem is I don’t think we’re getting the best out of them, and LJ has failed to establish a consistent selection and formation to do so.

One thing that must be said is that I do think we’d be doing better with Afobe in the team, and that was simply very bad luck for LJ.

1 hour ago, glen humphries said:

Absolutely spot on , lj has surrounded himself with yes men 

Boom. I’ve said it elsewhere: legends in their own lunchtimes. None of them have achieved anything. They were nothing as players and they’ll be nothing as managers/ Assistants. 

If SL didn’t sack him after the 8 game losing streak he sure isn’t going to now or any time soon.

I have said it before on here, even if we went down I think he would still stick with him.

Personally I don’t want to see him go and would like to see how the window and rest of the season pans out.

LJ’s record breaking run of 9 straight defeats back in 2016/17 started 3 games before Christmas. Huddersfield, Brentford and Preston beat us in those 3 games immediately prior to Christmas Day.

1 team from Yorkshire (away) 1 from Lancashire (Home) and 1 from London (Home).

I don’t know where I’m going with this to be honest so carry on...

• Admin
5 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

LJ’s record breaking run of 9 straight defeats back in 2016/17 started 3 games before Christmas. Huddersfield, Brentford and Preston beat us in those 3 games immediately prior to Christmas Day.

1 team from Yorkshire, 1 from Lancashire and 1 from London.

I don’t know where I’m going with this to be honest so carry on...

Lucky that was so bad that history can’t repeat itself........

7 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

I don’t think I can put up with another half of season like last 3 games. Really poor and SL won’t stand for it either. 

I think LJ will given January window to sort it out though and has probably earnt a bit of time due to progress over last few years. 

It’s been all season at home bar the odd game - I truly don’t look forward or get excited about it anymore 

Archived