IGNORED

Message to SL

Langford Red

On 26/12/2019 at 19:31, RedRock said:

Equally, you don’t claim the praise when you win.

I'm sorry....I have to disagree with you on this point.....when we win LJ does a walkabout at FT clapping and fist pumping....when we lose it's generally straight down the tunnel.....

If the sentiment was about you or others I concede to your point....if it implies that this relates to LJ then I disagree. 

For me 4 matches on the bounce is painful but not disastrous at this point. If it continues for a period of time (like it has in the past) then it will cost us dearly at the end of the season (like it has the past two years)

I'm not from the LJ out camp... I know the guys not perfect....but, as the saying goes, you can only pi55 with the dick you've got....we all know hes going nowhere....and we have to get on the rollercoaster....even if the ride terrifies the hell out of us!

COYRs

1 hour ago, MelksRed said:

I'm sorry....I have to disagree with you on this point.....when we win LJ does a walkabout at FT clapping and fist pumping....when we lose it's generally straight down the tunnel.....

If the sentiment was about you or others I concede to your point....if it implies that this relates to LJ then I disagree. 

For me 4 matches on the bounce is painful but not disastrous at this point. If it continues for a period of time (like it has in the past) then it will cost us dearly at the end of the season (like it has the past two years)

I'm not from the LJ out camp... I know the guys not perfect....but, as the saying goes, you can only pi55 with the dick you've got....we all know hes going nowhere....and we have to get on the rollercoaster....even if the ride terrifies the hell out of us!

COYRs

I agree. Even though LJ has been allowed to invest he seems heavily under pressure each season to achieve more with less, eg selling one player ( eg Webster)  must fund three who are obviously ‘lesser’, so already we have quantity not quality and have to cross our fingers that one of those will progress enough to be sold to fund the process once more the following summer.

I really do feel we have gone full circle though, had the highs and the lows. The ring is now fully formed and not sure where we go from here, are there other options and methods we can try with the same personnel? If not I guess we just go round in circles, not getting relegated but not being promoted either. Don’t get me wrong I don’t believe right now we are promotion ready at all, on the pitch anyway.

I’m not calling for a sacking, but finding it hard to believe like I once did. As I said we seem exhausted and uninspired and lacking in leaders on and off the field. I really don’t know what we are trying to achieve or what we are about right now.

19 hours ago, Shtanley said:

“Time for progression” haven’t we improved league position every season?

Which is probably why we are having these conversations; the team after half a season is showing that it has regressed. It may well change for the better, but would Lansdown consider regression to be down to a lack of fortune, or something that needs fixing?

Archived