IGNORED

Weimann - last two goals were Premiership quality

southvillekiddy

4 hours ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Championship top scorers list:

Weimann is joint ninth with an almost identical record to Eze from QPR who’s being massively hyped.

He’s above....

Nakhi Wells, Macauley Bonne, Jordan Hugill and..... Bobby Decordova-Reid.

Interesting you make a point of his goals v Bobby Reid. I wonder how many Reid would have if he played every minute like Weimann? What’s the goals per minutes played stat to compare the two? How many would Reid get in our team? 

16 hours ago, Bristol_Badger said:

It’s about time to be fair as he’s been Tosh the 4 games prior to Charlton.

He’s a decent Champ player but if we are looking to get promoted then either him or Fam will need to make way for someone with a bit more quality.

He's on 10 goals in the Championship tied with Bamford, there are only 6 players in the league who have scored more, we already have a top striker

59 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

Interesting you make a point of his goals v Bobby Reid. I wonder how many Reid would have if he played every minute like Weimann? What’s the goals per minutes played stat to compare the two? How many would Reid get in our team? 

The other, significant difference between Reid and Weimann is when playing the high press Reid went directly after the player with the ball, putting them under pressure and forcing errors. Weimann  never does so, preferring instead to cut off the theoretical, perpendicular pass that never happens, thus the defence is rarely troubled and the ball passed easily around him. This he exacerbates by pointing to the space where the ball is passed, as if blaming one of our other players for not having closed down.

14 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

The other, significant difference between Reid and Weimann is when playing the high press Reid went directly after the player with the ball, putting them under pressure and forcing errors. Weimann  never does so, preferring instead to cut off the theoretical, perpendicular pass that never happens, thus the defence is rarely troubled and the ball passed easily around him. This he exacerbates by pointing to the space where the ball is passed, as if blaming one of our other players for not having closed down.

I'd argue he does close the man quite a lot, however he's often having to chase from one player to another as his partner (usually Diedhiou) doesn't press a great amount, would be interesting Weimann with a partner with similar running ability to himself like Reid.

7 hours ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Championship top scorers list:

Weimann is joint ninth with an almost identical record to Eze from QPR who’s being massively hyped.

He’s above....

Nakhi Wells, Macauley Bonne, Jordan Hugill and..... Bobby Decordova-Reid.

I think Weimann and can get some unfair flak on here. Realy would have him as our main central striker with creativity in and around, while having a midfield foundation to help us without the ball. Think he's great.

Eze,..he's a midfielder, probably an attacking one. Also one more assist than Weimann- worth looking at his goals and assists though, QPR maybe in a relegation scrap without. Only 21 too, quite clear why he's being hyped I think.

A certain Bobby Reid. Has a lot to compete with at Fulham- Mitrovic, Cavaleiro, Knockaert...then Kamara also could come in and though he seems to have vanished, Martell-Taylor. In and out a bit more because of it I'd suggest.

Weimann is excellent though...£2m wasn't he?? Well worth the price!

3 hours ago, Agard Days Night said:

I was being deliberately facetious really, as I got slated back at the start of the season for saying Andi would score as many as Bobby did playing a full season up top for us.

Obviously it’s not a fair comparison this season as Bobby’s not playing much, but Andi’s on track to match Bobby’s top scoring season with us, as I said he would be back in August.

21 hours ago, GTFABM said:

Very interesting comment well thought out and presented. 

More than the quoted post deserved though I feel, especially as it came from someone who can’t tell the difference between “running around a lot” and intelligent movement. It’s not Weimann’s fault that we lost the striker that could best exploit the space he creates, I would say that the player that has most benefitted has been Brownhill although I think he should be getting into the box even more than he has.

27 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

More than the quoted post deserved though I feel, especially as it came from someone who can’t tell the difference between “running around a lot” and intelligent movement. It’s not Weimann’s fault that we lost the striker that could best exploit the space he creates, I would say that the player that has most benefitted has been Brownhill although I think he should be getting into the box even more than he has.

Can’t work out if you are saying i can’t tell the difference?

Archived