IGNORED

Bristol City v Brentford Match Day 26

Septic Peg

As head coach I believe that lee Johnson has to take responsibility for the lack of quality we seem to show at home , it’s his job to bring the players best out that we have all seen displayed before, and if we played like that we would be winning those games.

But LJ seems frustratingly bad at doing both that and being tactically aware of how to set up his team. 

5 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Moving our most energetic CM into CB, when we are down to 10, with Moore on the bench, was absolute madness

Perils of being a coach I guess, I can see why they might have done it to buy a bit of time to work out the best option with regard to changing the team around, but clearly it went wrong and looks to be a stupid decision.

Just now, BS4 on Tour... said:

Weismann over Reid is not ‘hilarious’ - one is an international player with well over a hundred premier league appearances who has never played below championship level, the other is a one season wonder who had been out on loan in league 1 and league 2 

A bit like comparing Vardy to chamakh a few years ago then...

Lets be honest, Reid is currently a level above Weimann, and has been for a couple of seasons

6 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

And what does that have to do with Watkins beating him to a ball by a second?

Have you ever played football?

Old school player like williams agaisnt a whippet in watkins he was always going kick him at some point why would you ask a centrw back to play against watkins when he been booked and got 15 years on him

11 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Well I'm sat at home with my feet up, having paid a tenner to watch a match on TV that I have a ticket for...saved myself a wasted journey. I'm afraid that there is more to life than watching a mediocre and over-promoted football manager wring the life out of what used to be an afternoon's entertainment. Personally I put in a shift in the early part of the season but there is a limit!

Ditto. I believe none of our 7 STs are being used today. Why waste the best part of a ton, spend 9 hours in traffic, miss a host of high quality racing on TV to watch live the dire, unexciting trash that WeeLee serves up week in, week out? It's looks bad enough on the Red Button, save presently Sky have chalked off both Brentford goals and it stands 0-0....

2 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Ditto. I believe none of our 7 STs are being used today. Why waste the best part of a ton, spend 9 hours in traffic, miss a host of high quality racing on TV to watch live the dire, unexciting trash that WeeLee serves up week in, week out? It's looks bad enough on the Red Button, save presently Sky have chalked off both Brentford goals and it stands 0-0....

Who is this "WeeLee" of whom you speak?  New Chinese Manager?

Just now, Highguy said:

Have you ever played football?

Old school player like williams agaisnt a whippet in watkins he was always going kick him at some point why would you ask a centrw back to play against watkins when he been booked and got 15 years on him

Because he should have the experience and position to not let that happen, as you would know if you’d played football. 

Look at Terry for instance, he wasn’t blessed with pace but had positional sense, which is what you’d expect from a player of Williams’ experience. 

And again, the booking has absolutely nothing to do with him, nor is Watkins 21...

11 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Bit gutless leaving like that imo.

Misplaced sense of entitlement and I agree that it is pathetic, just chucking dummies out of their prams.

Anyway, the half ended much better than it started where we were a mess (small mercies I know).

Other positives to take - Diedhiou hasn't given up and is having a very good game and showing others that it needs some guts to get something from the game. Moore is also having a good game since coming on and steadied the defence. Brave of LJ to keep two attackers up top.

Negatives - pretty obvious really..

Why does it always seem like this supporting City ? One step forward and two back.

This has been my point about our support and the poor form at AG.

I commented on the moment of the decade thread about the Easter weekend when we beat Forest 1-0 away to practically save us. The Monday we had our biggest crowd of the season, a sell out to see us beat Coventry and the atmosphere was fantastic.

we seem to rally behind the team when we’re really in the shit but when we’re in a good position our expectations go through the roof and we lack the support that the team requires.

i don’t think I’ve seen many teams on a 10+ game unbeaten run get boo’d at home, or such toxic attitudes towards a manager when sitting in or around the playoffs 

11 minutes ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

In 2019 - 3rd most points in the championship. In English football 8th in points per game.

Get a grip 

You seem to have avoided the question. I can spin things too... how many managers in the entire league have fewer points in the last 5 games?

1 minute ago, MarcusX said:

This has been my point about our support and the poor form at AG.

I commented on the moment of the decade thread about the Easter weekend when we beat Forest 1-0 away to practically save us. The Monday we had our biggest crowd of the season, a sell out to see us beat Coventry and the atmosphere was fantastic.

we seem to rally behind the team when we’re really in the shit but when we’re in a good position our expectations go through the roof and we lack the support that the team requires.

i don’t think I’ve seen many teams on a 10+ game unbeaten run get boo’d at home, or such toxic attitudes towards a manager when sitting in or around the playoffs 

Really? LJ and the team get a very easy ride IMHO. 

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Because he should have the experience and position to not let that happen, as you would know if you’d played football. 

Look at Terry for instance, he wasn’t blessed with pace but had positional sense, which is what you’d expect from a player of Williams’ experience. 

And again, the booking has absolutely nothing to do with him, nor is Watkins 21...

When a striker has pace on you you drop deeper cut space behind he shouldnt of went diving in on a yellow but the mamager should be taking him off as its now costed us the game

Archived