IGNORED

Huawei Repairs

Calculus

Hi All

My wife managed to give her phone a very quick dunk in water yesterday. Before I give up completely and buy a new handset I thought I might try and get the thing repaired. Anybody got any recommendations?

I know the odds are against, but any bright ideas much appreciated.

Thanks....

Thanks for the ideas - will try as well as I can. Unfortunately you can't remove the back of these phones - they are glued on to stop people tampering and using non-standard batteries. The internet tells me that I can use a paint stripping device to melt the glue. Not looking good. Hey ho! What with this and today's match not exactly the greatest start to the new year.

On 01/01/2020 at 19:12, Calculus said:

Thanks for the ideas - will try as well as I can. Unfortunately you can't remove the back of these phones - they are glued on to stop people tampering and using non-standard batteries. The internet tells me that I can use a paint stripping device to melt the glue. Not looking good. Hey ho! What with this and today's match not exactly the greatest start to the new year.

If it’s that sealed it might not be too water damaged? As Dolly says try the rice thing, or wrap in a towel and VERY GENTLY warm with a hair dryer maybe

Archived