IGNORED

Panic

Whale Eye Beef Hooked

30 minutes ago, Kibs said:

it’s quite common under LJ I believe. When he has less options, less ability to tinker, and the team picks itself - we seem to do better.

If I remember rightly, even the Barnsley fans said the same.

For all the clamour for a goalscorer all the stats show that our real problem is the number of goals conceded. Is it any coincidence that we have not played a settled back line throughout the season?

We've seen  combinations of Moore/Williams/Kalas/Wright  in back threes and fours and with different full backs. Allied to the chops and changes in midfield on a regular basis, it is little surprise that we look nothing like the solid defence of last season - it's not losing Webster that makes that big a difference, , it's the total defensive unit including midfield.

For all the understandable changes necessitated by injuries, LJ is still too inclined to make changes on a game by game basis in reaction to the opposition. I read a thread saying that Brentford were too fluid for the way LJ set us up against their 4-3-3. Surely if we are to be a team challenging for a top 6 place we should be good enough to impose ur game on opposition teams if we set up  to our strengths and play to them and crucially avoid changing the personnel and formation game by game, so the players get used to playing a certain way.

Archived