IGNORED

Is a big signing an irrelevance at the present time?

southvillekiddy

Never thought I'd reach this point in my on-going torment at being City fan but does anyone else agree that a big signing would just prolong the unsatisfactory state of affairs.

eg. On a lesser level I was thinking that if Kasey Palmer hadn't already signed for us we would be jumping up and down at the news of him coming to City in the January transfer window. All that excitement of a genuinely creative player coming into our mid-field. Okay we knew he was inexperienced but we believed he could be the missing piece.

So having seen what has happened to him there's no guarantee that a new proven gifted player would thrive under the present regime.

1 hour ago, southvillekiddy said:

Never thought I'd reach this point in my on-going torment at being City fan but does anyone else agree that a big signing would just prolong the unsatisfactory state of affairs.

eg. On a lesser level I was thinking that if Kasey Palmer hadn't already signed for us we would be jumping up and down at the news of him coming to City in the January transfer window. All that excitement of a genuinely creative player coming into our mid-field. Okay we knew he was inexperienced but we believed he could be the missing piece.

So having seen what has happened to him there's no guarantee that a new proven gifted player would thrive under the present regime.

Complete overreaction. ' prolong the unsatisfactory affairs' is a bit odd. 

We're in the middle of a bad bad run but are 11th in the championship not 24th and 8 points adrift.

1 minute ago, Spoons said:

Complete overreaction. ' prolong the unsatisfactory affairs' is a bit odd. 

We're in the middle of a bad bad run but are 11th in the championship not 24th and 8 points adrift.

You could be right. My view is that players won't solve our deepest problems

Archived