IGNORED

Sad

glen humphries

1 minute ago, Robin101 said:

As a counterpoint, look what happened when Southampton sacked Nigel Adkins and replaced him with Pocchetino (or however it’s spelt!). The whole football world fumed at how ‘disloyal’ they were. Then they stormed up the league. 

If we as a club are ruthless with moving on loyal/successful players in order to improve, why not do the same with the manager?

WBA sacked Moore last season it seemed harsh. No one in the world of football liked when Leicester sacked Ranieri. In both cases the short term wasn’t great(more-so for Leicester as their success took probably another season after CR sacking) but WBA not only look likely to be promoted but have a good young attacking side when they go up. Leicester are now second in the premier league with one of the youngest sides in the division.

Fortune favours the brave imo. A top manager is required. Don’t ask me who I don’t have an entire database and contacts to know who. Houghton and Warnock are just names from the past. There are surely qualified assistants or academy managers/coaches out there that can do a better job. Didn’t Wagner come from Dortmund’s academy? Lampard and Gerrard jumped straight into jobs and their clubs have all been rewarded to an extent(Derby mix of Lampard and good loans). There are definitely candidates out there that can take this club forward that no one here can name.

3 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

As a counterpoint, look what happened when Southampton sacked Nigel Adkins and replaced him with Pocchetino (or however it’s spelt!). The whole football world fumed at how ‘disloyal’ they were. Then they stormed up the league. 

If we as a club are ruthless with moving on loyal/successful players in order to improve, why not do the same with the manager?

I hear what you are saying, but for every successful sacking there is a failed one too. Take ourselves for example; people turned on Gary Johnson when we were 18th in the league. Milly took over and kept us up (we were not likely to go down that season anyway barring a disastrous miracle). What followed were the ‘dark’ years of utter utter shite - Delboy, O’Dismal - I REALLY don’t want those days back. I’m 52 now and have spent most of my City-supporting life in the third tier. 

LJ may not be the man to take us up, but more importantly (for me) he isn’t likely to take us down either. 

I’ll stick thanks, rather than twist on 17......(for those blackjack fans amongst us!!)

Archived