IGNORED

Latest BEP on Palmer

Silvio Dante

3 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

I hope he does go on to have a good career as well Major but I don't think it will be here.As for the lessons he's learned from here I beg to differ as he seems to be making the same mistakes again and again........

Well if he moves on he will , maybe , find it impossible to make the same mistakes elsewhere. 

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'm not taking it as Gospel at all, but the range of sources make me wonder. 

Yes, good point indeed. False news to identify original sources. 

Yeah and just because the post claims many sources that doesn’t necessarily mean its true either!

id be very surprised if the original Story was true and also that picking him for the Shrewsbury game was likely to make all the difference!

4 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Yeah and just because the post claims many sources that doesn’t necessarily mean its true either!

id be very surprised if the original Story was true and also that picking him for the Shrewsbury game was likely to make all the difference!

I don't take it as gospel, but where there's smoke...gotta wonder.

Listing those sources, unless it's a deliberate false leak to find a real mole, puts many individuals and departments in the spotlight- the club certainly won't appreciate it, unless it was as stated a deliberate false leak!

Not just talking about burning bridges with Gregor, but also internally...organisations really dislike leaks, especially fairly explosive and potentially damaging ones like that.

So either:

1. It's Gregor backtracking by pushing a good story to rebuild relationships.
  2. The original sources were making it up- or fabricated though the latter can surely lead to legal consequences so I'd be surprised. Both can in fact.
  3. The club have put this out, or someone senior at the club has put this out knowingly- and these sources are either all in on it or informed they aren't under suspicion, in order to smoke out a real mole.

3 hours ago, Monkeh said:

In the last 4 or 5 games we’ve been static all over the pitch, little to no movement,overlapping 

that to me says the players are scared of making a mistake or confused by tactics

we need to let the shackles come off,

Agree. It felt like we did that v Huddersfield (after the reported 'frank discussions' following WBA). We really seemed to play with a greater freedom and movement, and players actually had options (other than backwards) when they had the ball. We took the game to Fulham in a similar fashion, but the wheels came off v Millwall, and at the time it just felt like it wasn't tactics that night, just every single player having an off night at the same time.

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Palmer didn’t even make the squad for our last league outing .

I believe that this situation has come to a head and both sides have sorted it out . 

Is anyone doubting that Swansea , amongst others , asked about KP ?

I am delighted that KP starred v Shrewsbury and hope that he keeps his place as LJ indicated.

I just have a niggling feeling that SL reacted to the situation regarding KP and when the owner asks questions answers are needed.

Nothing to see here Uncle Steve , of course we don’t want to sell young Kasey after only having payed several million for him in the summer and after having him with us for half a season on loan .

No our approach was to keep him lean and mean .

:blush:

Think this has sufficient legs.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I don't take it as gospel, but where there's smoke...gotta wonder.

Listing those sources, unless it's a deliberate false leak to find a real mole, puts many individuals and departments in the spotlight- the club certainly won't appreciate it, unless it was as stated a deliberate false leak!

Not just talking about burning bridges with Gregor, but also internally...organisations really dislike leaks, especially fairly explosive and potentially damaging ones like that.

So either:

1. It's Gregor backtracking by pushing a good story to rebuild relationships.
  2. The original sources were making it up- or fabricated though the latter can surely lead to legal consequences so I'd be surprised. Both can in fact.
  3. The club have put this out, or someone senior at the club has put this out knowingly- and these sources are either all in on it or informed they aren't under suspicion, in order to smoke out a real mole.

Don’t think it was about identifying a mole, just think there has been some loose lips, and the club have now made sure everyone is aware of their responsibility and give out the same message to the press.

There is no way Gregor puts the initial story out without being sure.  If it’s made up, they just cancel his accreditation, simple.  They didn’t.  Says it all for me.

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Much as I hate formations, Imho that can only be in a 4411-variant, with Eliasson LW, KP no10 and no Famara.

That could be with Weimann on the shoulder or a new striker.

You could see the team’s frustration with Fam on Saturday (although he had been better of late).

Impossible Dave, I suggested recently we should be building a team around Eliasson and Palmer and was told by the wise ones that they can’t possibly play in the same team .... utter tosh of course, but it’s too late for me so save yourself! ??

Archived