IGNORED

Why Didnt Hill Start?

94th Minute

Well this qu came up earlier today, and there were a range of reasons, he just isnt good enough? he isnt in tins plans? tns wants to give the youth players a chance? well its none of these.

Its actually because him and Anyinsah are the same person, i cant get pictures of them both on the forum,(i cant get the address thing of it).

They are both left footed, and like to make attacking runs, and most scarey of all hill only came on when Anyinsah came off ( for extra security this change happened at 1/2 time, and in the announcements the sub given wasnt Anyinsah for Hill, this was clearly to make people less suspicious)

Also i cant recall an occasion when these two played at the same time.

Disclaimer:some of the examples of reasons given may never have acctually been given at any point, i couldnt be bothered to do my research.Also i dont acctually have the answer, i am mearly guessing (notice the 'think' in the title. I also hold no responsibilty for embarressment cause to yourself by bringing up this idea in a conversation (some idiot on the forum told me it is not an accecptable excuse)

I think Matt Hill is sadly too short to be a full back and when he comes up against big centre forwards such as the likes of Steve Howard he is always going to stuggle. Fortune and Coles for me no question should be our centre back pairing mind you i still dont think we have a decent left back at the club.

Woodman- Lacks strength

Hill- Lacks distribution and attackign ability

Bell- Lacks pace.

Well this qu came up earlier today, and there were a range of reasons, he just isnt good enough? he isnt in tins plans? tns wants to give the youth players a chance? well its none of these.

Its actually because him and Anyinsah are the same person, i cant get pictures of them both on the forum,(i cant get the address thing of it).

They are both left footed, and like to make attacking runs, and most scarey of all hill only came on when Anyinsah came off ( for extra security this change happened at 1/2 time, and in the announcements the sub given wasnt Anyinsah for Hill, this was clearly to make people less suspicious)

Also i cant recall an occasion when these two played at the same time.

Disclaimer:some of the examples of reasons given may never have acctually been given at any point, i couldnt be bothered to do my research.Also i dont acctually have the answer, i am mearly guessing (notice the 'think' in the title. I also hold no responsibilty for embarressment cause to yourself by bringing up this idea in a conversation (some idiot on the forum told me it is not  an accecptable excuse)

:D

I think Matt Hill is sadly too short to be a full back and when he comes up against big centre forwards such as the likes of Steve Howard he is always going to stuggle. Fortune and Coles for me no question should be our centre back pairing mind you i still dont think we have a decent left back at the club.

Woodman- Lacks strength

Hill- Lacks distribution and attackign ability

Bell- Lacks pace.

I agree Coles and Fortune though with Matty (sliced kicks and all) at left back) with Smith on the right.

I agree Coles and Fortune though with Matty (sliced kicks and all) at left back) with Smith on the right.

Totally disagree, Fortune has to much to learn as a centre-back midfield is where he should be. We cant afford errors so Butler and Coles in back for me

I think Matt Hill is sadly too short to be a full back and when he comes up against big centre forwards such as the likes of Steve Howard he is always going to stuggle.

I have never noticed this being a problem for him, at Leicester in the cup he consistently beat Brian Deane in the air, and that is the norm not a rarity. He may be short but his timing and the height he can reach make up for that.

PS. The history books put Billy Wedlock at about the same height and it didn't stop him playing at centre-half.

Hill- Lacks distribution and attacking ability,

the first one, yes I agree although his distribution did show signs of improving it is still erratic (and thats being nice).

I do think he improved generally going forward and getting the odd shot in though last season.

Having said that Clayton's distribution is far superior and some of his passes in the second half last night, were almost Tinman-esque.

Archived