IGNORED

Nathan Baker

Davefevs

14 hours ago, Davefevs said:

How good was he today?  My MOTM. 

What was he doing in the last few minutes though? Said it on the match day thread too, unnecessary rash tackle near the end to get booked then seconds later stuck his hand out to block a cross, finished off with pulling someone down in the box from the resulting corner. Was he trying to get sent off?!

4 hours ago, MarcusX said:

What was he doing in the last few minutes though? Said it on the match day thread too, unnecessary rash tackle near the end to get booked

that’s his game.  Yes, sometimes I cringe when I see him launch himself...but yesterday it was those strong challenges throughout the game that set the tone and meant the likes of Windass went elsewhere (away from our penalty box - the danger area) looking to pick up balls.  There’s an element of risk in his game, but he’s been pretty controlled overall this season.

then seconds later stuck his hand out to block a cross

moved his body across Imho, but I was watching on Robinstv so tough to tell.  Didn’t look like handball, and ref close by didn’t give it, so we ought to assume it wasn’t.  Were you there at the DW?

finished off with pulling someone down in the box from the resulting corner. Was he trying to get sent off?!

there’s so much pulling and pushing as we saw v Cardiff with him and Flint.  Usually from both sides.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Don’t get me wrong I like baker, he just has a bit of a history of these silly challenges. When they’re timed well it’s great but that one at the end was completely unnecessary, almost near the half way line and was going nowhere (plus baker had come along way forward to mark him)

cant say for certain it was handball but as it happened I could just sense he was going to do it for some reason? The fact the ref gave it made me assume it was in fact a handball but I was unfortunately watching on a stream.

i could just be being harsh, but it just seemed a very silly 2 minutes from him especially after getting booked

Archived