IGNORED

Today's Ratings v Wigan (2-0 Win)

Davefevs

Bentley 6 - Nothing difficult to do and almost gifted them a goal with a poor kick.

Hunt 4 - Dreadful game. Passing shocking.

Baker 7 - Solid enough although stupid challenge at the end. 

Williams 7 - See Baker less the stupid challenge.

Dasilva 6 - Got better as game wore on but still not quite back to his best. 

Watkins 6 - Worked hard but lacks quality. 

Massengo 5 - Out-battled in midfield and didn’t look like he wanted it as much as Wigan. 

Korey 7 - A real bright spark first half in amongst the rest who were poor. 

Elliasson 5 - Crossing really poor and knocked off ball a lot. 

Weimann 5 - Going through a poor period of form and that continued today. Offered next to nothing. 

Fammy 9 - Superb. First half when we played horrible and he was clearly isolated, he managed to hit one of the best strikes I've seen from a City player. 2nd half he was on fire. 

Subs -

Pato 8 - Along with Fammy won us the game. 

Nagy 6 - Still not seeing the player I saw I first few games. 

Rowe can’t really rate as I don’t remember him doing anything in his limited time on pitch. 

3 hours ago, marcofisher said:

Agree with most of that, Pato would be my MOTM.

Jack Hunt had an off game but would still give him a 5, clean sheet after all. 

Massengo was an odd one, scared of the ball again first half and doesn’t get stuck in. Picked up a bit in the second half before he got subbed off, looks like he need some to bulk up a bit to succeed in this division, gets bullied too easily in the 50/50s.

Eliasson a 5 is harsh, nice little assist for Pato for the first goal. Wigan had done their homework on him so it should have left space for other players to exploit the gaps created by that. Can’t be helped that recently he has become our only outlet.

Jack Hunt desperately needs an on game.....soon!

11 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Bentley 6 - Nothing difficult to do and almost gifted them a goal with a poor kick.

Hunt 4 - Dreadful game. Passing shocking.

Baker 7 - Solid enough although stupid challenge at the end. 

Williams 7 - See Baker less the stupid challenge.

Dasilva 6 - Got better as game wore on but still not quite back to his best. 

Watkins 6 - Worked hard but lacks quality. 

Massengo 5 - Out-battled in midfield and didn’t look like he wanted it as much as Wigan. 

Korey 7 - A real bright spark first half in amongst the rest who were poor. 

Elliasson 5 - Crossing really poor and knocked off ball a lot. 

Weimann 5 - Going through a poor period of form and that continued today. Offered next to nothing. 

Fammy 9 - Superb. First half when we played horrible and he was clearly isolated, he managed to hit one of the best strikes I've seen from a City player. 2nd half he was on fire. 

Subs -

Pato 8 - Along with Fammy won us the game. 

Nagy 6 - Still not seeing the player I saw I first few games. 

Rowe can’t really rate as I don’t remember him doing anything in his limited time on pitch. 

Fammy was brilliant yesterday and easily the best player on the pitch. On another day he could of had a hat trick with 2 worldies, was very unlucky with the disallowed goal and the keeper made a fantastic save from the other.

He won every header and was a nightmare for Wigans centre backs, it was a all round great performance from Fam and i hope he starts getting more credit from our fans.

Keep it up Famara

15 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Bentley 6 - not tonnes to do, but did it all confidently

Hunt - I honestly can't give him a rating - his worst game in a City shirt, but he kept trying

Dasilva 6 - steady, good work at the back post to stop Lowe.  Promising with Pato second half at times

Williams 6 - solid, did what he needed to do.  Rest him Tuesday.

Baker 8 - my MOTM, thought he was dominant in air and on ground

Watkins 5 - in and out today.  Might've picked up a knock hence subbed

Smith 6 - snapped around as he held the midfield together first 20 mins, but wasteful with the ball

Massengo 5 - worked hard chasing the ball, and better when working with Weimann with Smith a true DM.  

Eliasson 5 - bar a couple of crosses, never got into the game

Weimann 5 - mixed game, good ball over the top to Pato for second goal, and pressed better with Massengo, but nowhere near his best today

Diedhiou 7 (OTIB view 9) - one of our better players, goal and assist, think OTIB are right tonight!!

Subs:

Paterson 8 - goal, beautifully taken, and sublime lob pass assist.  Bit lightweight at times, but good linking with Jay

Nagy 6 - came on and looked nice and solid and kept the ball moving

Rowe - not involved enough to rate

Good ratings Dave, were you there at the game? I often say this on rating threads but probably worth adding that as a disclaimer if not. Might explain why some feel Diedhiou played better than you did - the BEP thought he was fantastic judging by twitter. 

Was busy during the game but really sounds like a solid performance but not outstanding, good away win either way. 

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Good ratings Dave, were you there at the game? I often say this on rating threads but probably worth adding that as a disclaimer if not. Might explain why some feel Diedhiou played better than you did - the BEP thought he was fantastic judging by twitter. 

Was busy during the game but really sounds like a solid performance but not outstanding, good away win either way. 

Home games 99% at AG

Away games 99% Robinstv

Was in Canada and Frankfurt watching Robinstv yesterday.  I think my VPN was a culprit for poor stream.

For you techies, I use Windscribe, dud anyone else use it, and did you lose picture regularly.

19 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, on Robinstv.  You?

We were pretty abject for most of the game, and goals / win overshadowed that.  It was pretty dire, watching them pass it around and us not able to keep it.

Yeah the very same and I thought the same for 20 minutes of the first half until I realised Wigan aren’t going anywhere. I remember days when we were like Wigan playing good football but not getting the results and stuck in relegation battles. I think it’s fair to say that was Cotterill’s style.

I appreciate our football might not be as pretty now but I think we’re more adaptive to the opposition, yesterday was an example and a professional performance.  IMO of course

Archived