IGNORED

Stumbling!!

Davefevs

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

First goal wasn’t a counter-attack, was a pumped ball forward.  

I didn't say counter as I tried to avoid the word, it seemed from the goals more transitioning quickly after a turnover/when the opportunity arose whether they've got a set defensive line or not, I haven't watched the whole game but to me there were one or two failed attempts early where you could see we were winning the ball on the edge of our defensive third and looking to move forwards quickly. This style would lead to a lack of passing moves building up play as you noted, as it slows down the transition. Of course don't know whether or not thats what we were trying just a watch of our goals, skimmed watch of some of the game and looking back over Wigans last 10/15 goals conceded.

6 minutes ago, hodge said:

I didn't say counter as I tried to avoid the word, it seemed from the goals more transitioning quickly after a turnover/when the opportunity arose whether they've got a set defensive line or not, I haven't watched the whole game but to me there were one or two failed attempts early where you could see we were winning the ball on the edge of our defensive third and looking to move forwards quickly. This style would lead to a lack of passing moves building up play as you noted, as it slows down the transition. Of course don't know whether or not thats what we were trying just a watch of our goals, skimmed watch of some of the game and looking back over Wigans last 10/15 goals conceded.

You are right, you didn’t...apols.  I think we got players closer to Fam, quicker as the game wore on.  Which is key for Fam. 

Ta for your replies.

On 12/01/2020 at 23:38, bcfc01 said:

Tammy Abraham.

Notwithstanding the fact that Tammy was brilliant for us, I sometimes wonder if a poacher would get goals, get us goals but at the expense of the team. 

Playing Devil's Advocate a little- a lot possibly- a poacher can detract from defensive pressing or working as one with the midfield when we lose possession.

Tammy was great but we did finish 17th or 18th? Bit of Devil's Advocate too yes.

Archived