IGNORED

Bristol City Women - WSL / W Championship

Leveller

1 hour ago, Super said:

Stats seem to suggest a fairly even game apart from possession?

Possession isn’t always an indicator but in this game I think it was, sadly. I thought we struggled to get the ball off of Spurs and when we did, we generally struggled to open them up in the final third and it was seldom very long before they won the ball back again.

Hopefully we will find our feet at this level soon.

Edited by Shelton’s Love Gravy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Shelton’s Love Gravy said:

Possession isn’t always an indicator but in this game I think it was, sadly. I thought we struggled to get the ball off of Spurs and when we did, we generally struggled to open them up in the final third and it was seldom very long before they won the ball back again.

Hopefully we will find our feet at this level soon.

We have no feet to find. Face it the gap between the championship and WSL is massive and I confidently predict the ladies will get relegated with zero points. Another Lansdown success story. Seriously Steve/John/Whoever-how much would it cost to make us half competitive? Are you happy SL to see one of your clubs humiliated week in, week out? 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Cidre Monita said:

We have no feet to find. Face it the gap between the championship and WSL is massive and I confidently predict the ladies will get relegated with zero points. Another Lansdown success story. Seriously Steve/John/Whoever-how much would it cost to make us half competitive? Are you happy SL to see one of your clubs humiliated week in, week out? 

Certainly seems to be a massive gap between the two divisions. I’m also starting to share your disillusionment with the Lansdowns. A missed opportunity with both the women’s and men’s teams this summer IMHO.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Shelton’s Love Gravy said:

Certainly seems to be a massive gap between the two divisions. I’m also starting to share your disillusionment with the Lansdowns. A missed opportunity with both the women’s and men’s teams this summer IMHO.

Yet we should be grateful we are watching our respective teams in such luxurious surroundings. I admit it baffles me that even teams coming up from the division below (we all know which one) look like passing us by. much as I love the club my patience after 55 years is at the moment being sorely tempted.

• Like 2

• Admin
17 hours ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

I saw a video of the coach, surely it can’t be cost effective to run a 52 seater coach with around 8 people on?

Wasn’t the last coach run at a loss too?

The club must take a bit of responsibility for this as it was only advertised on Tuesday and wanted numbers by 2pm Thursday on whether to run it or not. By this point 17 people had booked to travel

Yes there was a loss and the club asked the SC&T to split the losses, which after a discussion everyone on the SC&T board were in agreement that it was important to get the coach to run, especially as those 17 people may not have been able to go otherwise at such short notice

Going forward it is going to be tricky, to me the club should already be advertising travel for future away games in an attempt to assist as many people as possible to go to games

Sadly though unless numbers massively improve I can't see any more coaches running, but many of us have gone on private coaches / mini buses to mens games so smaller transport (mini bus) has to be the worst case scenario that the club should be looking at 

But as with the mens game the actual number of people that travel on CATS is a very low % of total people that go to the games, so it is no real surprise numbers are very low

• Like 2

Posting now as haven't been on OTIB since Sunday. Brisbane Road is a nice decent ground. Would love to visit if City men ever played Leyton Orient, but not sure when that would ever happen.

On Sunday, City fell asleep a little bit which led to the first two goals - especially the second which bounced off Martha Thomas as Marckese was taking her goal kick. Funny, but unfortunate.

The free kick & Spurs third goal right before half time was gutting to concede. Much better second half from City. Great to see other fans who made their own way to the game e.g. @miser, those who are London based & were in Leeds the day before e.g. @SinéadB as well as those who booked on the coach. There definitely would have been more numbers had the club not announced it so late when others would have made plans by then

DSC_4352.JPG

DSC_4353.JPG

DSC_4354.JPG

DSC_4355.JPG

DSC_4356.JPG

DSC_4357.JPG

DSC_4358.JPG

DSC_4359.JPG

DSC_4360.JPG

DSC_4361.JPG

DSC_4362.JPG

DSC_4363.JPG

DSC_4364.JPG

DSC_4365.JPG

DSC_4366.JPG

DSC_4367.JPG

DSC_4368.JPG

DSC_4369.JPG

DSC_4370.JPG

DSC_4371.JPG

DSC_4372.JPG

DSC_4373.JPG

DSC_4374.JPG

DSC_4375.JPG

DSC_4376.JPG

DSC_4377.JPG

DSC_4378.JPG

DSC_4379.JPG

Edited by shahanshahan
  • Like 2

The club have confirmed that the HPC1 bus service will be running for Wednesday's Conti Cup game against Southampton FC, as well as free parking available

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/travel-guide-southampton-h-continental-cup/

PRE-MATCH

The Robins High Performance Centre (RHPC) will be accessible using our HPC1 shuttle bus service which will depart from Haymarket and drop fans at the QEH School Sports Ground car park which is adjacent to the RHPC.

The bus will depart as follows:

• Haymarket: 6:20pm and 7pm
  • St Augustine’s Parade: approx 6:23pm and 7:03pm
  • Ashton Bridge*: approx 6:30pm and 7:10pm
  • Journey time to the HPC is approximately 15 minutes subject to traffic
  • Buses will drop at the QEH car park right next to the RHPC. After alighting the bus, fans should use the main QEH car park exit and walk just 10 meters to the RHPC using the pavement

*The Ashton Bridge stop is located on at the top of Winterstoke Road, where it goes over the Ashton Gate Underpass and railway line (https://what3words.com/wins.again.flame , BS3 2JH).

POST-MATCH

• The bus will depart from QEH car park approximately ten minutes after the final-whistle. It will return to collect remaining passengers approximately 30 minutes later. In the case of the match going to penalties, the bus will wait until the game has completed to take depart.
  • The Ashton Bridge stop on the return journey will be at Blackmoors Lane stop in Bower Ashton, just the other side of the A370. Fans can use crossing points and subways to cross.

PRICES

Adult: £4.95

Young Person and Student: £2.95

Group: £14.95

Bus Pass Holders and Under 5s: Free

Off-Peak: £1

TICKET INFORMATION

Other First Bus Tickets are no longer valid on our matchday services and tickets purchased for our services can no longer be used on the public bus network. This includes tickets purchased on the day and any daily/weekly/monthly/annual passes or bundles

All tickets include travel pre and post-match travel. Separate single tickets are no longer available for these services

Young Person tickets are for anyone aged 5-21. Photo ID with date of birth may be required. If you are unable to produce one you will be charged adult price for travel

Student tickets are available to anyone presenting a valid NUS/Student card. If you are unable to produce one you will be charged adult price

Bus Pass Holders must provide a valid English Concessionary Travel Scheme pass to travel for free. If you are unable to produce one you will be charged adult price for travel

Under 5s travel for free

Group tickets provide travel for up to five people. You must travel together on all journeys

Off-peak tickets are valid on the first pre-match departure only (e.g. 6:20pm from Haymarket, 6:23pm from St Augustine’s Parade and 6:30pm from Ashton Bridge) and subject to availability. If the first departure is full, you will need a full-priced ticket for the next available journey. Off-peak tickets are valid on all post-match departures.

PAYMENT METHODS

mTicket: Buy in advance using the First Bus app (download in the Apple Apps or Google Play store). Tickets can be found under the Bristol area then at the bottom of the page under ‘Bristol Sport’. Scan your app when you board the bus.

Pay on Bus: Ask the driver for your preferred ticket and pay by contactless. Cash is not accepted. A paper ticket will be issued which you will need to present for your return journey. Suitable for Young Person, Student, Group and Off-Peak fares.

Tap-On: ‘Tap-on’ with your payment card, Apple Pay or Google Pay device when boarding. A physical ticket will not be issued. Tap-on again when boarding the return journey – the system will recognise that you have already paid a full fare and you will not be charged again. Tap-on assumes you are paying a full adult fare so suitable for single, fee-paying, adult tickets only

BY CAR

For fans travelling to the game by car, there is no parking available on site. However, there is free parking available at QEH School Sports Ground, next to the facility. This is available on a first-come, first-serve basis so please take this into consideration when planning your journey. There will be steward on site to help with any queries and directions.

To reach the QEH School Sports Ground please use the following address:

QEH School Sports Ground
Failand
Bristol
BS8 3TN

• Admin
10 minutes ago, Full nelson said:

Not great from our girls tonight. A few changes but should have enough to beat Southampton. 

Gonna be a very long season! 

Some of the touches, passes and shots were absolutely awful 

Drew the game 1-1, but lost on penalties in sudden death after Brooke Aspin dragged her penalty woefully wide of the target. 

I really fear for our goal difference going to Man City this weekend 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, phantom said:

Some of the touches, passes and shots were absolutely awful 

Drew the game 1-1, but lost on penalties in sudden death after Brooke Aspin dragged her penalty woefully wide of the target. 

I really fear for our goal difference going to Man City this weekend 

6 plus goals conceded, 1 or 2 shots on goal for us. The gap is massive! Yes it was nice winning promotion but not being in games for 3/4 of the season really isn't fun and gets boring real quick.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Full nelson said:

6 plus goals conceded, 1 or 2 shots on goal for us. The gap is massive! Yes it was nice winning promotion but not being in games for 3/4 of the season really isn't fun and gets boring real quick.

If SL was serious about the women's team surely he could do something about it, are they subject to FFP? if not a small outlay peanuts compared to the men's team would really help.

• Like 1

• Admin
26 minutes ago, pillred said:

If SL was serious about the women's team surely he could do something about it, are they subject to FFP? if not a small outlay peanuts compared to the men's team would really help.

We know he pushed the Bears right to the edge of spending and in compatible terms to the mens team was small costs. 

The expense at WSL level must be another level down again 

• Like 2

A change of player personnel for the Conti Cup and perhaps there are some good reasons to have such a line-up. I realise the trip to Man City on the weekend will be a priority and it's also an opportunity to see some of the other squad members. However, it is still a worry to see Fran and Abi off the charts. The new arrivals this summer are yet to really form an understanding (it will take time and patience) and it's the midfield where I feel much work is needed.

Southampton are a good side (we remember the games last season) and gave us plenty to think about. Opening play was about defending and finding a way to stifle the visitors. Slowly we managed to force our way into the game and evened things out eventually. It was a rainy night but there were too many poor passes and hurried movements that went astray, leading to short passages of possession.

Up front Shania Hayles was pretty much on her own and had few real breaks, although one in the first half ended up as a one-on-one. Rachel Furness was the driving force in the midfield, although she was usually found at the rear of it supporting the back line. Moving forwards was taxing and difficult. Despite staying right out wide for most of the time in possession, Jess Simpson didn't really cause too many problems; Ffi Morgan on the other wing was also kept quiet. Rachel Furness was always encouraging the rest of the players and was bravely on the end of a cross to score, perhaps against the run of play.

Southampton scored with a sweeping move right after the restart, which upset the balance. They had a few other good chances but the game finished 1-1. Penalties are a slightly odd touch but perhaps good training.

Second half subs seem to have been for tactical reasons (with the weekend in mind, perhaps) and it was good to see Brooke get some minutes - even if shee did miss a spot kick.

Overall some encouraging performances and some players are possibly worth considering in the future but we need to establish ourselves and make a greater impact. The season is well underway!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

For supporters who were planning on making the trip to Man City on Sunday, Block West 7 is suggested for away supporters to sit in

Match ticket link

Car parking is available for free, but must be booked in advance

Car parking booking

The club have confirmed that the team will wear their black away kit for the first time...

And also, in Man City's press conference, it was confirmed that Alex Greenwood & Lauren Hemp will be back after serving their one match bans on Wednesday after being sent off in the game against Chelsea last Sunday - a game which had 11 yellow cards issued

Alex Greenwood and Lauren Hemp are back in contention to play, after serving their suspensions in the Conti Cup in midweek.

Oh dear, I wonder what odds you could get on Man City getting double figures against us?

Genuinely can see that happening, especially if our midfield continue to play like total strangers as they did against Leicester & Southampton. Really disappointed in Smith not at least getting them organised.

Edited by old_eastender

FA Player is a crap site and won't work for me every time.

Latest problem is "Specified email address is having issues, Please contact your County FA or "Recover your Account using Forgotten Email" to resolve".

Contct my County FA ???? As if.

Recover account doesn't work.

Not sure I want to watch this one anyway tbh, I think it could be embarrassing with such a disparity between the teams.