IGNORED

Bristol City Women - WSL / W Championship

Leveller

On 18/07/2023 at 14:32, phantom said:

BTW @Erithacus I am not sure if you are aware but we don't enter until the 4th round on Sunday 14th January 2024

You're right Phantom, of course. I was also looking at the men's dates at the same time. Fourth Round it is at the Gate, then!   :fingerscrossed:

Edited by Erithacus
typo
  • Like 1

• Admin
28 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

When you see those fixtures written down you really do see how much of a step up this season is going to be. They`re going to have to be on it every game.

My thoughts too, but if we could have picked an ideal first fixture what we got must have near to the top of the list 

• Like 1

Is there any way of finding out where the Women will actually play their games ?

Even City will only play a few at the Gate, I was wondering where some of the bigger teams will play City. The Spurs game I think is at Orient, but there are a couple of games I'd be tempted to travel to. 

• Admin
28 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Is there any way of finding out where the Women will actually play their games ?

Even City will only play a few at the Gate, I was wondering where some of the bigger teams will play City. The Spurs game I think is at Orient, but there are a couple of games I'd be tempted to travel to. 

All our league games are being played at Ashton Gate, it's the Conti Cup games that are likely to be at the HPC 

Screenshot_20230721_193842_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, phantom said:

All our league games are being played at Ashton Gate, it's the Conti Cup games that are likely to be at the HPC 

Screenshot_20230721_193842_Samsung Internet.jpg

Thanks .
That's a shame , I know Arsenal & Spurs play at the main Stadium sometimes, I'd hoped to get a game in.

• Admin
23 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Thanks .
That's a shame , I know Arsenal & Spurs play at the main Stadium sometimes, I'd hoped to get a game in.

I'd assume that they will be the "big" games against rivals? 

Though when they played the same sides at their "usual" home grounds the attendances were no difference to the other home league games. 

I guess it's all about individual marketing 

• Like 2

On 21/07/2023 at 18:07, Lanterne Rouge said:

When you see those fixtures written down you really do see how much of a step up this season is going to be. They`re going to have to be on it every game.

Afraid it's looking like a disaster season with only Amy Rogers signed to strengthen the side. How the manager, or anybody else, can think the squad that got us promoted can compete at WSL level without bringing in 3 or 4 quality players is beyond me. Makes doing the hard work to win promotion almost a waste of time if we are not going to invest in the squad to have a chance of staying up.

• Admin
14 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Afraid it's looking like a disaster season with only Amy Rogers signed to strengthen the side. How the manager, or anybody else, can think the squad that got us promoted can compete at WSL level without bringing in 3 or 4 quality players is beyond me. Makes doing the hard work to win promotion almost a waste of time if we are not going to invest in the squad to have a chance of staying up.

I'm hoping that there are just delays as the majority of players are off on holiday, but compare to the philosophy of the mens team who had signings lined up long before the season finished and we went and signed them straight away

We'll be aiming for one place above the drop as things currently stand - it makes the first game almost a win or bust fixture 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, phantom said:

I'm hoping that there are just delays as the majority of players are off on holiday, but compare to the philosophy of the mens team who had signings lined up long before the season finished and we went and signed them straight away

We'll be aiming for one place above the drop as things currently stand - it makes the first game almost a win or bust fixture 

Absolutely right.

City women are now in the big girls league and it’ll be tough competing against quality players in every match.

Unless City seriously strengthen they’re facing a truly tough season. I wouldn’t be surprised if they came straight down.

• Admin
29 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Absolutely right.

City women are now in the big girls league and it’ll be tough competing against quality players in every match.

Unless City seriously strengthen they’re facing a truly tough season. I wouldn’t be surprised if they came straight down.

Which would be absolutely criminal of the club if this was purely because of a lack of investment, especially considering how hard the team have worked to get back to the WSL 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, phantom said:

Which would be absolutely criminal of the club if this was purely because of a lack of investment, especially considering how hard the team have worked to get back to the WSL 

At the moment, we have lost 6 players from the championship winning squad and added one player. At present, we will struggle to fill the bench. At least 4 players needed and they need to be experienced.

• Like 3

I’m hoping that they have held back on any significant changes until the new GM was in place. Also wonder whether they may have their eyes on one or two players from smaller English speaking World Cup sides who if they have gained the right experience this summer might be positive signings. Might be wildly optimistic but there’s still 2 months before the league kicks off. 

1 hour ago, miser said:

At the moment, we have lost 6 players from the championship winning squad and added one player. At present, we will struggle to fill the bench. At least 4 players needed and they need to be experienced.

I don’t follow it as closely as you, but I don’t recall us losing anyone of note…young Aspin has been loaned back hasn’t she?

Of course we need to recruit, but season is a good way away.

• Admin
9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t follow it as closely as you, but I don’t recall us losing anyone of note…young Aspin has been loaned back hasn’t she?

I think the point was that we have lost 6 players from last seasons squad and at present only added one

Making the squad even smaller

41 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Lost 6 with first team experience (2 loans included). At present we have 12 for the starting line up plus 5 young uns for the bench (includes 2 under 18). Imagine this for the men's team in early June. It would be the ultimate meltdown.

• Thanks 1

We are miles off being remotely competitive at the moment imo. This ain’t ‘fun’ football any more, this is serious, real business. Super fit, sharpness with strength as well as football talent and skills - we need players with it all. 

This Season could be a total embarrassment if we don’t sign a minimum of 6 quality players with top league experience.  

We need a good vibe around the Club, particularly as the Women have now been fully integrated into use of our facilities. If the women are getting beat 8, 9, 10-0 every match and are on nil points for the majority of the Season that won’t be helpful. 

Negative perhaps, but realistic. 

On 21/07/2023 at 20:32, phantom said:

I'd assume that they will be the "big" games against rivals? 

Looks like you earlier post was spot on, sadly.

Going through the fixtures it looks the same at all the "big" Clubs. Even Brentford play at a local sports ground.

Edited by 1960maaan
  • Like 1

On 24/07/2023 at 23:16, Parkwaymom said:

I’m hoping that they have held back on any significant changes until the new GM was in place. Also wonder whether they may have their eyes on one or two players from smaller English speaking World Cup sides who if they have gained the right experience this summer might be positive signings. Might be wildly optimistic but there’s still 2 months before the league kicks off. 

Eliot Caton announced as the new GM

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/city-women-news/caton-joins-as-general-manager/

Club have announced first five home games are on sale. No news yet about away supporters on where they get tickets from (maybe their own club?) and/or if they will have their own section

Adults £10 (£13 OTD)

65+/U22 £8 (£11 OTD)

U19 £6 (£8 OTD)

U12 £5 (£6 OTD)

More info & mates rate codes for season ticket holders in link in tweet below

• Thanks 1

• Admin
2 hours ago, shahanshahan said:

No news yet about away supporters on where they get tickets from (maybe their own club?) and/or if they will have their own section

Genuine question, are there that many numbers of away followers that would warrant the effort to arrange a separate section for away fans?

On the basis that the whole of the lower Lansdown stand is currently available to purchase in, there is clearly no area for away fans

Having the lower Lansdown stand open is going to have large areas spare anyway most games, so I would assume like non league football (and the attendances are on a par) the easiest thing is people move seats depending on which way the team you are supporting is attacking?

34 minutes ago, phantom said:

Genuine question, are there that many numbers of away followers that would warrant the effort to arrange a separate section for away fans?

On the basis that the whole of the lower Lansdown stand is currently available to purchase in, there is clearly no area for away fans

Having the lower Lansdown stand open is going to have large areas spare anyway most games, so I would assume like non league football (and the attendances are on a par) the easiest thing is people move seats depending on which way the team you are supporting is attacking?

Don't think the numbers would warrant it, although Man City last had one supporter with a penetrating whiny nasal voice who I'd quite like to see segregated, possibly at the HPC whilst we play at Ashton.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1