IGNORED

Bristol City Women - WSL / W Championship

Leveller

9 hours ago, phantom said:

are there that many numbers of away followers that would warrant the effort to arrange a separate section for away fans?

Didn't Liverpool have a large section in the lower Lansdown when they won the title on our patch a couple of years ago?

• Admin
45 minutes ago, Erithacus said:

Didn't Liverpool have a large section in the lower Lansdown when they won the title on our patch a couple of years ago?

Was about 40/50 of them off a supporters coach, but they had booked themselves via our website I believe, rather than having a dedicated area 

That day was an exception with the two sides going for promotion at the point that tickets went on sale

It's going to take a massive jump in home fan numbers to even get close to looking busy

11 hours ago, phantom said:

Genuine question, are there that many numbers of away followers that would warrant the effort to arrange a separate section for away fans?

On the basis that the whole of the lower Lansdown stand is currently available to purchase in, there is clearly no area for away fans

Having the lower Lansdown stand open is going to have large areas spare anyway most games, so I would assume like non league football (and the attendances are on a par) the easiest thing is people move seats depending on which way the team you are supporting is attacking?

For clubs with a much larger fanbase such as Man United, Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal etc - then yes. Maybe have at least one block dedicated to them - and then go from there

1 hour ago, old_eastender said:

It's been 4 years since she last played in the WSL, and she is now 30. Do you think she will be up to WSL standard?

I years since she played for the City in the Championship. I'd say yes based on that season. Quick and strong.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, shahanshahan said:

Look who just turned up from City Women!

DSC_4157~2.JPG

Wow @shahanshahan

You are one hell of a City supporter. You may be comfortable financially to do all the travelling you do for the both genders of BCFC.

But all the travelling and time you devote to City is superb. Safe travelling!

• Robin 1

• Admin

JMP-Kaylan-Marckese_ac_006-1024x683.jpg

Goalkeeper Kaylan Marckese has signed on a season-long loan from Arsenal.

The 25-year-old has UEFA Women’s Champions League experience and is a two-time domestic league winner with HB Køge.

Born in the US, Marckese represented the Florida Gators at college level before being picked by Sky Blue FC, now known as Gotham FC, in the 2019 NWSL College Draft.

The following year, she moved to Iceland to represent Selfoss before signing for newly-promoted HB Køge in the Danish top flight in 2021.

Marckese spent two seasons with the club and helped them win back-to-back Kvindeliga titles, playing all eight of their Champions League matches and making 48 saves – more than any other goalkeeper in the competition.

She put pen to paper on a permanent deal with Arsenal in 2022 and made her club debut against FC Zürich.

On joining the Robins, Marckese commented: “I’m excited to get started and to play at Ashton Gate and experience the fans. I’m looking forward to getting to know the team and the community, especially because there is such a buzz around promotion back to the Women’s Super League.

“I can’t wait to get going with the girls and see what we can achieve together.”

• Like 2

For those at the men's game last night, I couldn't help but notice Abi Harrison was in attendance with one of the media guys. Seemed to be going around interviewing younger fans & doing Instagram stories in the club's account

I did see them from afar but I thought given my recent media appearances elsewhere, I'd duck this one out... ?

On 10/08/2023 at 13:46, shahanshahan said:

For those at the men's game last night, I couldn't help but notice Abi Harrison was in attendance with one of the media guys. Seemed to be going around interviewing younger fans & doing Instagram stories in the club's account

I did see them from afar but I thought given my recent media appearances elsewhere, I'd duck this one out... ?

Follow up video below.

There's one on Instagram of the players being asked who they think will win between England & Colombia, but I don't know how to share that on here...

• Admin

and another 

Shame we didn't stagger the announcements 

Danish striker Amalie Thestrup has signed for City on a two-year deal.

The 28-year-old’s career began in her home country with Brøndby IF, where she won the Elitedivisionen and Danish Cup double twice – in 2015 and 2017 – before spending time with Vejle BK and BSF.

In 2019 the forward made the switch to Europe to join Roma, where she spent a season before signing for Liverpool in the Barclays Women’s Championship.

She began a spell with PSV Eindhoven in 2021, then returning to the Barclays Women’s Super League side West Ham on loan in January 2023

FB_IMG_1692033192267.jpg

• Like 1