IGNORED

Bristol City Women - WSL / W Championship

Leveller

Strange how they ended up drawing the second half today against Manchester City (this after winning the second half against Tottenham the other day). Guess maybe some of it is down to the opposition taking their foot off the gas a little or is it the City girls fighting to avoid a humiliating defeat?

To be fair, City will thump a few teams by five + goals this season IMO. 

• Like 2

I suppose the result may be seen as a positive, but the fact is we let in five from two dozen odd shots. That leaves us at the bottom of the table (thus far) without a point and -9 GD. Game four is home to Arsenal (who themselves are not setting the WSL alight yet) next Sunday evening. This league is going to be a real test of everythig this club has.

9 minutes ago, Erithacus said:

I suppose the result may be seen as a positive, but the fact is we let in five from two dozen odd shots. That leaves us at the bottom of the table (thus far) without a point and -9 GD. Game four is home to Arsenal (who themselves are not setting the WSL alight yet) next Sunday evening. This league is going to be a real test of everythig this club has.

Crucial relegation six pointer next Sunday 

34 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

That was the first game against Leicester, and they were higher quality, fitter, stronger, and what really is inexcusable way more organised.

Sadly, rock bottom with nil points is how it's likely to remain.

Life and soul of the party.

55 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Life and soul of the party.

But sadly he's likely to be right, or close.

Leicester ( lost 4-2 ) finished 10th, 2 off of the bottom, Spurs (lost3-1) one place higher, the only way City stay up is beat the teams likely to be around them. They probably need to find 6 or 7 wins from somewhere, I know it's early but it's looking a big ask. 
Really hope I'm wrong.

The fault lies not with the players or coaches but with the owner, who blinded by hubris sought to run rugby, football, women’s football and basketball with inadequate funds.  Had he concentrated on one sport then he would have had the success that in this age buys success.

Some of us were never convinced by the idea of Bristol Splrt. How right we were

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 2

Watched up until 2-0.

Put simply we were very poor and totally out-classed. Even if we are massively inferior in terms of ability, and we are, we should be able to at least match sides on fitness and fighting qualities. We don’t. Long olde season incoming. 

At least the Bristol Sport rugby and basketball teams won… so not a total blank this weekend. 

Edited by RedRock

• Admin
11 hours ago, maxjak said:

Uh Oh!......Seems like plenty of effort, but very little ability ?  Have to aim for 11th?  But even so, ...........what a great experience for them.

The danger is they'll get to a point (if not there already) that they are lambs to the slaughter every week and it will be very hard to get them motivated or to continue battling when they start conceding 

The real shame yesterday was the two injury time goals at the end of the first half, though if it hadn't been 5-0 at half time Gareth Taylor would no doubt have gone at the second half in a different gear 

I really feel for those that are still there from last season, as they put in some real graft, effort and commitment to win the league but in my opinion have yet again been massively let down by the lack of any useful investment 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, phantom said:

I really feel for those that are still there from last season, as they put in some real graft, effort and commitment to win the league but in my opinion have yet again been massively let down by the lack of any useful investment 

I thought after that win v. Charlton, that money would be spent on a better calibre of player to enhance the squad that got promoted. Just seems that all that effort will be wasted if they just go straight back down. The sums involved for decent players must be piffling compared to the men's game. A shame. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, CyderInACan said:

I thought after that win v. Charlton, that money would be spent on a better calibre of player to enhance the squad that got promoted. Just seems that all that effort will be wasted if they just go straight back down. The sums involved for decent players must be piffling compared to the men's game. A shame. 

There was ample opportunity to invest in their promotion in the same way there was opportunity to give the mens team a boost - not millions, just some recognition of their achievement and help to give them a foothold in the WSL.

I wouldn't say its a shame, I'd call it another missed opportunity - tightening the purse strings at precisely the wrong time and displaying lack of judgement and poor decision making at the top.

• Like 3