IGNORED

Bristol City Women - WSL / W Championship

Leveller

30 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

True but she still should have pushed it over the bar.

While I always feel sympathy for women keepers, it is the one real weak spot in the teams, probably until you get to top level. It's always been the same even though it's much better now it still seems to be the weak spot.

I think she could have done better with both goals , specially the first. That said she did well in the melee when she blocked a shot. 

TBF they kept the score closer than I expected.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

While I always feel sympathy for women keepers, it is the one real weak spot in the teams, probably until you get to top level. It's always been the same even though it's much better now it still seems to be the weak spot.

I think she could have done better with both goals , specially the first. That said she did well in the melee when she blocked a shot. 

They can definitely take some encouragement from this, defended superbly throughout as demonstrated by Napier just then.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

I often wonder if it’s fair they have to play in the same size goals as the men?

Your average male keeper is bigger than your average female keeper and you do see quite a few long shots going in out of reach. 

47 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Opening stages of the second half reminds me of the first half hour or so yesterday we are working hard and throwing bodies on the line but being dominated and outplayed, let’s hope the outcome is the same as yesterday 

Well that was a really battling, hard working City performance, yesterday the corner count was them 15 us 2, today it was 16 to Arsenal 0 to us! 

1 minute ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

They can definitely take some encouragement from this, defended superbly throughout as demonstrated by Napier just then.

You want to give them some points for effort there don't you.

I don't know what LS can say except keeping going and you'll get a break.

• Like 2

In general play City were totally outclassed by Arsenal but the team spirit was immense in their defensive effort. They hold shape well but they are too passive in their shape. They need to address this as too many secondary balls are picked up by the opposition leading to incessant pressure and consequentially many conceded corners and goals. 

• Like 2