IGNORED

Bristol City Women - WSL / W Championship

Leveller

10 hours ago, phantom said:

Fran Kirby has announced that she's leaving Chelsea at the end of the season after ten years with them 

Making tomorrow at Kingsmeadow even more emotional for the home fans. Emma Hayes' last home game, Maren Mjelde's last home game (who herself announced she was leaving Chelsea after seven years), and now this.

Will be interesting to see where she goes next. Definitely hasn't announced any plans to retire...

51 minutes ago, Eco said:

Man City lost to Arsenal, hope are girls are really up for  it tonight otherwise I fear a battering from Chelsea who need goals.

Dread to think what the score is going to be, Chelsea will be so motivated to smash us 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Dread to think what the score is going to be, Chelsea will be so motivated to smash us 

They don’t need to be motivated just turn up usually does the trick against our girls 🙈

must be soul destroying for them - fair play to them though 

Just now, Pippintogg said:

2 nil down already. 😕 Can barely find a pass. Same problems. Not sure what LS is going to differently next season. It needs changing. 

They just look so weak physically compared to Chelsea.

I see no game plan apart from defend and sadly they’re not very good at that 

1 minute ago, Back of the Dolman said:

They just look so weak physically compared to Chelsea.

I see no game plan apart from defend and sadly they’re not very good at that 

Totally agree. The team must find it hard to be motivated at this stage of the season.  They just can't compete at this level. 

4 minutes ago, Glen hump said:

They were set up to fail miserably from the start of the season’ total lack of investment, I really can’t understand why Steve continues’ he’s obviously had enough.

He doesn’t. Jon continues, assisted by Brian

Jon stated this week they were looking for investment so I guess we will see if that ever comes. 

Edited by REDOXO

2 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Jon stated this week they were looking for investment so I guess we will see if that ever comes. 

He needs to lower the asking price and move on.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Looking for investment while being stupidly rich themselves , translates as “we don’t want to put our own money into this anymore”

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Glen hump said:

He needs to lower the asking price and move on.

Yes I’m sure that would help. I have been advised by a good source it was high, but have no first hand knowledge. Besides the club keeps Jon gainfully employed, so I wouldn’t hold my breathe. 

1 minute ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

Looking for investment while being stupidly rich themselves , translates as “we don’t want to put our own money into this anymore”

I agree. The club need to be sustainable is their way of putting in it! 

BUT the bringing in of Manning and firing the guy that was actually keeping us sustainable is a rod to beat with them with! However we need to remain within FFP. Hiring Johnson has had a massive knock on effect and only one person is responsible for that as we/he knows!

13 minutes ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

Who in their right mind would pour millions into the club to be a junior partner to Lansdown ?

7 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Who in their right mind would pour millions into the club to be a junior partner to Lansdown ?

They wouldn’t would they, let’s be honest it’s not like lansdowns don’t have the money to waste, it’s quite literally play money to them 

1 minute ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

They wouldn’t would they, let’s be honest it’s not like lansdowns don’t have the money to waste, it’s quite literally play money to them 

Agreed.

Lost interest but massive egos wont let them sell up and lose the odd tens of millions 😁

Irony being, if Lansdown senior ran it like a business not a plaything hed get everything back and more imo.

Makes me think hes the Andrew Ridgely of the relationship with Mr Hargreaves.